What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Accessing Microsoft Office

ronofla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome! I am pleased to discover the ipad forum. As a PC user, I find the transition to an ipad extremely difficult. For example, I do not know how to access Microsoft Office 2010 even though I purchased it from the Apple Store over a week ago. I just thought that if I had the correct path for these programs, I could enter them into the Safari screen. I am going to try Google for this. Is there a better way to do this? Thanks.

ronofla

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ronofla said:
Welcome! I am pleased to discover the ipad forum. As a PC user, I find the transition to an ipad extremely difficult. For example, I do not know how to access Microsoft Office 2010 even though I purchased it from the Apple Store over a week ago. I just thought that if I had the correct path for these programs, I could enter them into the Safari screen. I am going to try Google for this. Is there a better way to do this? Thanks.

ronofla

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

It is a big transition from a PC to the iPad. I did the same thing and found the same headaches no doubt.
I'm a liitte confused on what you have purchased. Microsoft office will not run on an iPad. I feel you may have bought the instructional manual and not the programme. Have a look back in the app store at what you have bought and have a good read of what it is. Don't worry if you have you can get a refund for it, but keep your receipt as they will need the transaction number. There are a number of apps that you can use for this however although some will work better than others as far as integrating back to Microsoft office on your pc. A search on this subject will bring up many threads for what other members are using. I do recall there being a great writeup about the different apps available also. I hope this helps you.

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.
We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ronofla:

I've moved your post (and leelai's response) to it's own thread. You posted in the forum rules section when you should have posted in the help section.

Not only was that not a good place to post because of forum policy, no one would have seen your question. So, even though leelai has given you an excellent answer, I've moved this to the Help section so that more eyes can see (and hopefully help you).

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Ronofla - welcome to the forum! :)

I am also unclear as to your purchase? Microsoft Office will not run on the iPad but there are plenty of apps that can import files from Word, Excel, and PowerPoint - I have the iWorks Suite by Apple (Pages = Word; Numbers = Excel; and Keynote = Powerpoint) - I've been able to bring my MS Office files into each of these programs (there are some limitations and the iPad will not offer the plethora of features available in Office on a standard computer). Your files can be transferred in many ways from your computer either cabled or wireless.

Please take a look at this THREAD - the reply post provides two links to comparisons of office apps for the iPad; also searching will bring up plenty of other treads related to these apps. Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts