What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

Hopedm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to iPad and need help with editing contacts. Every time I choose an email where I have made a mistake in original entry,it lists both entries as a choice but only one is in the actual contact list. There does not seem to be a way to edit this unwanted contact as it is not listed anywhere.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to iPad and need help with editing contacts. Every time I choose an email where I have made a mistake in original entry,it lists both entries as a choice but only one is in the actual contact list. There does not seem to be a way to edit this unwanted contact as it is not listed anywhere.

This is a 'known issue' with the iPad's native Mail app and the consensus among Forum members is that there's no way around this.

The iPad Mail app maintains a 'previous recipients' list, which is entirely independent of your normal Contacts list. On the Mac, this list can be edited or deleted, but there's no such facility on the iPad. Hopefully a future app update will fix this 'problem/feature' - as it annoys nearly everyone.

There is a little good news - these spurious addresses do eventually disappear - either the list has a finite physical length or a finite time 'length'.

You just have to learn to live with it.....

Tim
Scotland

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome...it's a little frustrating but after time you will fall in love with all the other sweet things that this sexy beauty can do...

Most reactions

Latest posts