What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello to all!!

Aimers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:) Hi Everyone!

I am a newbie to this awesome forum and I want to introduce myself! I am a wife and mother of 4 wonderful kids. 3 adult children in their 20's and 1 special 'surprise' 4 year old little boy who has autism. I purchased my first iDevice about a year ago for my little boy (iPodTouch 3g) because of his intense interest in anything electronic! There are so many educational apps available that help us with his autistic challenges. Well, about 3 months after learning how to use the OS on the iPod, needless to say, I was completely "hooked" and "addicted" to all of the amazing things I was able to do with the iPod (especially after I JB it!!;)) I went out and purchased an iPad 3G. Ever since that day, I have been so in love my iPad and learning anything that I can about it I could!! In fact, for the first month I owned my iPad, I literally brought it 'everywhere' I went....including the bathroom :eek:...LoL.....

I came accross this Forum while searching for some answers regarding my tethered RedSn0w JB and I was able to immediately find the "Correct" answers, advice and step-by-step instructions here!! I am excited to be a member here now and I look forward to all of the willing helpfulness, honesty, integrity and comradary that this Forum has to offer!

With all of that said, I want to extend a sincere 'Thank You' to everyone who is involved with running this Forum! And Thank You for allowing me to become a member!!!

Sincerely,

Aimers :p

panthro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aimers said:
:) Hi Everyone!

I am a newbie to this awesome forum and I want to introduce myself! I am a wife and mother of 4 wonderful kids. 3 adult children in their 20's and 1 special 'surprise' 4 year old little boy who has autism. I purchased my first iDevice about a year ago for my little boy (iPodTouch 3g) because of his intense interest in anything electronic! There are so many educational apps available that help us with his autistic challenges. Well, about 3 months after learning how to use the OS on the iPod, needless to say, I was completely "hooked" and "addicted" to all of the amazing things I was able to do with the iPod (especially after I JB it!!;)) I went out and purchased an iPad 3G. Ever since that day, I have been so in love my iPad and learning anything that I can about it I could!! In fact, for the first month I owned my iPad, I literally brought it 'everywhere' I went....including the bathroom :eek:...LoL.....

I came accross this Forum while searching for some answers regarding my tethered RedSn0w JB and I was able to immediately find the "Correct" answers, advice and step-by-step instructions here!! I am excited to be a member here now and I look forward to all of the willing helpfulness, honesty, integrity and comradary that this Forum has to offer!

With all of that said, I want to extend a sincere 'Thank You' to everyone who is involved with running this Forum! And Thank You for allowing me to become a member!!!

Sincerely,

Aimers :p

Hi

I am also new to this forum and i am hoping to gain some assistance

How do you transfer movies or jpegs/mpegs from your home pc to iPad 2

Thanx

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

I normally transfer movies using a third party app called GoodReader. You'll find several threads on this app on the Forum and Members' views and comments.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a program that most all iPad users have called GoodReader. It's the 'Swiss Army Knife' for the iPad and it can store files all together and in folders - or however you want them - and can transfer files to and from your PC using either WiFi or USB without the need for iTunes. It's built in web-browser can download files too, something that Safari doesn't offer - except for PDF format. From within GoodReader you can open those files in any app that supports that type of file. Having said that, though, when a compatible app does open that file it makes a local copy that it works on, so the original copy in GoodReader is left untouched. If you want to store the modified file in GoodReader you have to transfer it back there by some means.

GoodReader can also attach several files to an email and then send them using the iPad's native Mail app - something you can't do from within Mail itself. It also gives you the opportunity to annotate PDF files and save the resulting file so that it can be read on a PC or Mac. That annotation can be handwritten or typed and you can search the document for your typed annotations and bookmarks. On the latest version, PDF files can be scrolled horizontally or vertically.

It can also play several formats of video and audio files too.

Tim

JamesM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I bought good reader as recc and then found out that it does not see my nas WD my book unit......this is where I keep all my media files...so not much chop to me..I have not got file browser instead and zap tv...cheers. James

Most reactions