What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello to all!

earlejones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been an Apple fan since I gave my daughter an Apple ][ for her 12th birthday. (She is now 42.) First Mac was in '84 and many Macs ever since. I gave the same daughter and her family -- two grandchildren -- a new iPad today (Christmas, 2010). We had some initial problems setting up their email account on Charter.net, but now things are fine.
I am a retired electrical engineer (Georgia Tech and Stanford U.) with a lot of computer and networking experience. Most of my work was in bioengineering.
I am a widower -- my wife died of cancer back in 2008 and I am now alone.
Currently I use my iMac desktop, a 15-inch MacBook Pro, iPhone, and now a new iPad. In my spare time, I lead guided walks among the elephant seals that populate the Año Nuevo State Park on the coast near Santa Cruz, CA where I serve as a Docent/Naturalist.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Somehow Earlejones, I don't get the impression

that you are indeed ALONE! From what you have written, you have a lot of family and being a docent probably gives you every opportunity to make friends. And now you have found this forum! Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!

Most reactions