What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Thread

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,
i've owned an iPhone 4 16gb for about a year having been 'converted' from WM phones, i use it in my small one man business. riding my motor bike recently - on my birthday, i lost it out of my shorts pocket, it was smashed into milions of minute segments on impact :mad:.

while all is backed up, i was severely hampered until i got a replacement., So for desaster prevention/recovery, i have a new Ipad2 32gb on order.

while waiting for it, i decided to look for a more Ipad 4 specific forum so here i am :D.

i have no 'morality' issue's about jailbreaking, it's just for my needs i never felt it warranted the hassle, so i've never jailbroken my iPhone. For the same reason i don't intend to with the iPad2 when it's received, keeping 'stock' to best retain inter-conformaty of my apps and the data between the two machines.

regs
ipadbraincell

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Sorry to hear about your iPhone4!!

Tim
Scotland

OP
ipadbraincell

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the very warm welcome, from what I have seen far it's a great place with a good friendly membership.

although I'm limited in knowledge of all things apple I've been messing around with pda's (early tablets for the younger guys lol!) and computers since Sinclair ZX81 (OMG!) I hope to be of some use in here.

Regs

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Sinclari ZX81 was a cool machine! I remember mine well! 1K of memory - stunning!

Ah..the good old days...

Tim

OP
ipadbraincell

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The Sinclari ZX81 was a cool machine! I remember mine well! 1K of memory - stunning!

Ah..the good old days...

Tim

Hours of typing lost in a single RAM wobble 'White Out' lol.

So a work Pal of mine decided to direct solder his 32 meg ram pack to stop that happening, he used a cheap mains iron, which killed his machine stone dead due to leakage and static.

Happy days

I went from ZX81 to Commadote 64, then Commadore 128, Amigs 2000, Amstrad clam portable PC, to various desktops and towers.

Along the way had nearly all versions of the brilliant Psion PDA's, windows Smart phones (various) and now iphone4/iPad.

I feel lucky to have witnessed how electronics have evolved, from very early Tv with a paraffin magnified screen (who carred about H&S back then?) to today and 3D, which looks like. Nintendo jav cracked not having to wear special glasses.

Tim, I don't know if it can continue to evolve at such a pace, I'm hanging on by my toenails just to find out :).

Most reactions