1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Hello there from a Durban girl

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by dryzie, Oct 17, 2011.

1. dryzie

dryzie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, after trying to figure out my iPad all alone, I've joined this forum to try get some answers... Firstly, what's up with iTunes in SA? Why can I not download any popular games, like Angry Birds? I would so appreciate some help!
  2. robertlc

robertlc iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Some apps, music, videos are restricted by Apple according to what region you're in.

Has something to do with licenses and copyrights.

Welcome to the Forum! There are plenty of helpful people here that can and will answer most any question you have about your iPad! Don't be afraid to ask.
  3. dryzie

dryzie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thx robertlc!
    I was really hoping I was doing something wrong... Such a pity how limited our iTunes options are in South Africa...
    BTW, I had considered setting up a US account and I've seen a few discussions here in the forum, but it's illegal right?
  4. robertlc

robertlc iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    No problem, glad to help.

I am in no position to determine the legality of what you asked. I'm sure there's someone that will drop in sometime soon and be able to answer correctly.

My gut, however, says it is illegal, however I'm sure it's done from time to time.
  5. Hayles66

Hayles66 iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +321 / 0
    Hello Durban girl!. I was born there at St. Augustines near Berea. Welcome from UK

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  6. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    For sure, many Members have multiple iTunes accounts. I'm not sure in what way it would be illegal, though. Even Apple have a white paper on setting up additional iTunes accounts.

Tim
  7. robertlc

robertlc iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I'm just thinking it might be illegal because you're trying to get goods and/or services from outside your area that your government has set up laws to prevent access to.