What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello iPeople

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Tim, and like lots of folks, I got an iPad for Christmas. Well, it was ordered anyway and I hope it gets here by the middle of the week.

I have been searching the www for all the information I can find about some must have apps, and a few iTunes issues I can foresee, and it seems that I found my way back here reading many of the threads on the site.

So, I decided that I might as well join.

I am currently serving in the US Army (14 years) and working at NATO HQ in Brussels, Belgium.

Along with the iPad, my wife got an iTouch, while we wait to get her an iPhone. Right now most of my questions revolve around movies and how we can share them with our 2 different iTunes accounts on the 1 iMac.

Well I guess this is long enough, thank you for your time

t

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Signing in and out of iTunes was a pain so we just use my main account. When my wife syncs her pad or touch iTunes knows it's her and syncs just her apps and whatever else she has checked. I hope this helps.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The advantages of one account are that you can share apps, music, and movies, and at the same time have different things on each iPad. But, first, click on FILE on the top left of the screen, and click Preferences. Select the DEVICES tab and check the box before "Prevent iPod, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically." Also, on the APPS tab for your iPhone make sure the box before "Automatically sync new apps." is not checked unless you both want to have all the same apps on your iPhones.Under the MUSIC tab check box before "Sync Music", and then check the box before "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.". Then check the Artist or songs you want to put on your iPhone. That way each of you can have the music you each like on your iPhones. You can also do a similar thing with apps and movies.

OP
mx1

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes I really hate the way Apple ships stuff.

So today, the case for my iPad arrived in the mail, but i will not get the pad until Monday or so....ahhh how frustrating.

Tim

OP
mx1

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, so months later, my Ipad never arrived. Very long fight with the shipping company, had to use a forwarding service because Apple will not ship to APO...

Long story short, I now own a iPad1 case, Protection plane, and no iPad....

good news is I just ordered my iPad 2 hope it will be here by April 1st

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pain now, but worth it.
Think how pleased you'll be by the end of this month.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums and hope you have enjoyed your iPad!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts