What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello iPadFORUMS

ILIV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm bound to receive my iPad WIFI + 3G 64GB tomorrow and I'm pumped to get my hands on this device.

I'm Linux enthusiast and Apple products lover and I have an iPhone 2G, which proven to be a very reliable all-purpose mobile device that I use regularly to do myriad of tasks: from iPod and gaming, to calculations and conversions, to remotely operating UNIX servers via SSH and Desktop Linux hosts via VNC, to making audio bootlegs of live street performances and reading Wikipedia while in commute, etc etc.

I'm confident iPad, with its gorgeous big screen, same feature-rich and stable iOS, new capabilities like video output, shared desktop view mode and other neat functionality is going to be of even more value.

I'm also a bit of a comics geek so I'm particularly excited to start reading Captain America comic books on this device, others too!

I've been recently taking more and more interest in automation and get very excited by DIY mounts and all the various ways people use their iPads. So, if you know of any interesting cases let me know, I'm going to appreciate that.

I guess at this point in time I'm really focused of getting the most out of iPad but I have no precisely defined goal to work towards. It feels more like an exciting game that I really want to play and get creative in the process, and hopefully come up with some amazing results.

Other than that nice to meet you people, I believe I'll be posting sometimes here :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
ILIV

ILIV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for warm welcome Tim!

Jeanlupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IvanLezhnjovIV said:
I'm bound to receive my iPad WIFI + 3G 64GB tomorrow and I'm pumped to get my hands on this device.

I'm Linux enthusiast and Apple products lover and I have an iPhone 2G, which proven to be a very reliable all-purpose mobile device that I use regularly to do myriad of tasks: from iPod and gaming, to calculations and conversions, to remotely operating UNIX servers via SSH and Desktop Linux hosts via VNC, to making audio bootlegs of live street performances and reading Wikipedia while in commute, etc etc.

I'm confident iPad, with its gorgeous big screen, same feature-rich and stable iOS, new capabilities like video output, shared desktop view mode and other neat functionality is going to be of even more value.

I'm also a bit of a comics geek so I'm particularly excited to start reading Captain America comic books on this device, others too!

I've been recently taking more and more interest in automation and get very excited by DIY mounts and all the various ways people use their iPads. So, if you know of any interesting cases let me know, I'm going to appreciate that.

I guess at this point in time I'm really focused of getting the most out of iPad but I have no precisely defined goal to work towards. It feels more like an exciting game that I really want to play and get creative in the process, and hopefully come up with some amazing results.

Other than that nice to meet you people, I believe I'll be posting sometimes here :)

Tim, I have a question I hope is simple. I have been doing pretty good on the iPad but I need to use flash and the iPad won't allow it. Is there some way around it or an app that works as flash, or a browser app that I can get that will let me use adobe flash. What is there problem flash should be a standard. Please reply to [email protected] so may keep it and walk myself through it. Thank you, Jean Lupi

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most Members recommend iSwifter - or - if you have a PC that's connected to the Internet, Splashtop. Splashtop allows you to connect to your PC and view the PC's screen contents so, since a PC can view Flash, you're good to go. If you don't have a PC available, the iSwifter might be an option because the Flash is hosted on their site. But it depends on a good Internet link....

You can get a free, limited viewing time, version of iSwifter so you can try it risk-free...

Good to hear from you again...

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts