What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!!! I need some help with earbuds...

Zoie1luv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to iPad and I'm wondering if there is something I can buy, like an adapter, that will allow you to plug in two sets of headphones? Also, can I use any earbuds? Thank you...

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi. Yes, you can use any earbuds. Most electronic supply stores can provide a splitter made just for earphones to allow two people to listen at the same time.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the previous poster suggested, an audio cable splitter should work just fine. You can easily purchase these from Amazon or at Radio Shack.

Tim

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just let you know that a standard splitter will decrease the volume but have heard of a device that doesn't so I will research it a bit more for you if you like.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the one below, which lets each listener adjust volume slightly (nowhere near as much as if you were listening splitter-free). I also find the volume lower while splitting, compared to when not splitting, but it's OK. YMMV

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-SmartShare-Headphone-Splitter-Individual/dp/B000EHCYBC/ref=dp_cp_ob_cps_title_1]Amazon.com: Griffin SmartShare Headphone Splitter with Individual Volume Control: Electronics[/ame]

Oh, I've tried three kinds of earbuds on the splitter and they all work fine, including the freebie earbuds that come with some iDevices. I've also tried some marshmallow-type ones that cost about 15 bucks and some noise-canceling ones that cost about 100 bucks.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zoie1luv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much!!! I think that I will order this, but since it's coming from Australia I don't think that I'll get it in time...so for now I'll have to just use a regular splitter. Once I get the other one though, I'll let you know how they work once I get them. I really appreciate your help!!! :)

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to help, might buy one for myself so who ever buys first let's leave a review o.k.

OP
Z

Zoie1luv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will do...thank you everyone for all of your help :)

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does using a splitter split the sound by 50% as well, or is there some amplifier that prevents it. Im also looking into getting a splitter but im worried about how low the sound will be.

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fourier said:
does using a splitter split the sound by 50% as well, or is there some amplifier that prevents it. Im also looking into getting a splitter but im worried about how low the sound will be.

I believe when using a standard splitter the power will be louder in one side than the other. Therefor a amplified splitter like the one on eBay allows both parties to hear the sound at a standard level and can only adjust the sound level to one listeners taste unless the feature for dual sound is available ( like volume control on the headphones ).

derekwash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
splitter volumes

I purchased a nifty splitter that had separate volume controls.

Most reactions

Latest posts