What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello! I am a new member and need someone's help......

lwritz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari will not keep me logged in to Facebook since I upgraded to iCloud. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to remedy it? Thank you for your help!

Vaden15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can just use the Facebook App for iPad. You can stay logged in everytime you open it in a Wifi zone.

OP
L

lwritz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vaden15 said:
You can just use the Facebook App for iPad. You can stay logged in everytime you open it in a Wifi zone.

Thank you for your response! I really do not care for the Facebook app for iPad, do you? I much prefer the regular Facebook pages. Do you know of a way to get Safari to keep me logged in to FB?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I use both the app and site through Safari. I've just opened it on Safari and I am already logged in, I can't remember what I've done here though. When you log in with your password, does it ask you if you'd like to save it? This may be it. I've just looked in the Settings - Safari it has Auto Fill here - Names and Passwords, turn this on. Let us know if this works

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
L

lwritz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your kind welcome! I have done everything that has been suggested so far, and Safari will still send me back to the log in page each time I restart Facebook. Yesterday, it seemed to be okay after I rebooted and got rid of the Facebook app for iPad. However, today I am right back to square one. I have checked my Safari settings and everything you mentioned is turned on. I am going to try rebooting again, but am hoping that is not what it's going to take each time I want to check Facebook! I will keep you posted; and I welcome any future ideas you might have!

OP
L

lwritz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lwritz said:
Thank you so much for your kind welcome! I have done everything that has been suggested so far, and Safari will still send me back to the log in page each time I restart Facebook. Yesterday, it seemed to be okay after I rebooted and got rid of the Facebook app for iPad. However, today I am right back to square one. I have checked my Safari settings and everything you mentioned is turned on. I am going to try rebooting again, but am hoping that is not what it's going to take each time I want to check Facebook! I will keep you posted; and I welcome any future ideas you might have!

I have once again rebooted, but this time nothing is helping to keep me logged in on Facebook. This problem began after syncing my iPad with my husband's Apple laptop in order to upload iCloud. And another problem that has occurred since then is that neither of us is having success with autofill, in general. I have double and triple checked all my settings and everything is on. This is so very frustrating. Is it possible that this is all a result of iCloud? By the way, I have an original iPad, not an iPad 2.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might be able to offer.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had another look and have found another setting. Go to Settings - ICloud - Storage and Backup - Manage Storage and have a look at what is being backed up on your iPad here. You'll see your Backup Options, press Show All Apps and look for Facebook here and turn it on. I hope this is it, let us know.

OP
L

lwritz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the new suggestion. However, I followed your directions and found that Facebook WAS ON in the iCloud backup. And yet I am still experiencing the same problem....unable to stay logged in to Facebook. I tried contacting someone from Facebook, but that is pretty much a joke. I did, however, leave "messages" that there is a problem. I seriously doubt that I will hear from anyone. I just don't know what else to do. YIKES!!! It's maddening!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im having another look in the Safari settings, how are your cookies set up here and you don't have private browsing on do you? How are you going to Facebook in Safari by the way? Try this when in Facebook and logged on, press the box with an arrow which is up the top to the left of the URL, which will load with a lot of options, press Add to Homescreen. Another box will open, just press Add, this will create an icon which will appear on your screen, so when you want to go to Facebook in future just press this, it's a shortcut. Let me know if this works for you.

Last edited:
OP
L

lwritz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Im having another look in the Safari settings, how are your cookies set up here and you don't have private browsing on do you? How are you going to Facebook in Safari by the way? Try this when in Facebook and logged on, press the box with an arrow which is up the top to the left of the URL, which will load with a lot of options, press Add to Homescreen. Another box will open, just press Add, this will create an icon which will appear on your screen, so when you want to go to Facebook in future just press this, it's a shortcut. Let me know if this works for you.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! You are an angel!!!!! Yes, I DID have the private browsing turned on. I have since turned it off. (What exactly is it for, anyway?) Also, I have added the Facebook icon to my screen and I LOVE the shortcut! So you have taught me much, and I am grateful!
THANK YOU!!!!!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lwritz said:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! You are an angel!!!!! Yes, I DID have the private browsing turned on. I have since turned it off. (What exactly is it for, anyway?) Also, I have added the Facebook icon to my screen and I LOVE the shortcut! So you have taught me much, and I am grateful!
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Gees, what a nice way to end a day, I am so glad this has finally been resolved for you. Private browsing is a privacy setting, for when you don't want others to know what you've been looking at. It comes in handy for some I hear ;) Yes that shortcut icon is a great little feature and I have many of them and I'm thinking you will too.
It's great to learn something new and I have too, so thank you! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts