What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Trinidad, Caribbean

Anil_Trinidad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all. I don't actually own an iPad just yet, but I intend to purchase one in the next two weeks. I saw my manager's unit and played with it for a few seconds - and according to him - "I love it! Couldn't find anything better to waste your money on!" Not that I have money to "waste" - but I am getting a company computer grant which I'm gonna use to get a new Asus (UL80) for my wife, and the iPad for myself :D. Although I have a feeling when the units get home - I would have to settle for the Asus! :(

I've never owned any ixxx device since I had already owned a (Dell Axim X51, with WM6) PDA - yeah I know it's old - but it's good enough for me, and also because of the proprietary nature of iTunes! I know now there are workarounds for that. However, my home (HP nc6000) laptop has been messing around for the last few months - and I became eligible for the grant. Then I saw my boss had one - and figured - what the hell!

So I'm an Apple newbie! But I am sure that this forum will be all I need to get me off and running. I'm particularly interested in this jailbreaking thing! Of course - I'm like alot of you - can't see something and leave it alone. Gotta fix how I want it.

I'll be sure to check back in when I actually get it and start messing around.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Asus vs iPad - It was a knockout!

Even Asus admits they are screwed with the iPad. Asus netbook sales fell like a rock in June with the widespread release of the iPad. Asus is desperately trying to build something similar.

OP
A

Anil_Trinidad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah - but the Asus I'm looking at is not a netbook. It's full machine. Two different applications.

Most reactions