What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Portland Oregon USA

jmantze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
digitalartandmore.com
I have been using Mac gear for many years and recently added a 64Gb iPad. As a retired professional I can now spend all my time pursuing creative endeavors in the fields of art and photography. I have been posting photos on Flickr for years and recently discovered the numerous iPad groups on that site. In those groups I found many creative people doing wondrous things with their iPads. One application that immediately caught my attention was the use of an app called ArtRage. This app allows you to use the brush, chalk, pen and other tools to effectively convert a photo into a painting.

OP
jmantze

jmantze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
digitalartandmore.com
Welcome to the forum. Did you use ArtRage to make your avatar pic?

No, the avatar picture was done entirely in Photoshop… I was going for sort of a Simpsons cartoon character look - this was an online photo I would use in any forum.

You could do something like this in ArtRage but you would have to use a pen or pencil tool to draw an outline and then fill in the colors. It's really just a nice drawing/painting program that also has this capability of being able to convert photos - it does this by sampling the colors in the photo and then applying them to the paint/drawing tool that you are using. This is a really well thought out function of ArtRage in that the colors are sampled/applied on-the-fly as you paint… the entire process of doing a photo-to-painting still takes hours and isn't usually for the type of user that wants quick results. To see some examples here's a link to the Flickr ArtRage group - there's plenty of good examples there to give you an idea of what the program will do.

Most reactions

Latest posts