1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Hello from Pennsylvania!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Matt Shank, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Matt Shank

Matt Shank iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My name is Matt(as indicated by my username). I've had my iPad for a week now, I must say, I love it.
    I bought it to replace my windows laptop (I know it wasn't marketed to replace laptops) since my laptop was always getting hot on my lap.

Since I can remember, I was never an Apple fan. The iPad has changed my mind. So much so that I got a new iMac. :) (scheduled to arrive Monday)
  2. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Hello Matt

Welcome to the forum! I can relate to you in a couple of ways, particularly with regard to being a first time Apple owner by acquiring this amazing iPad!

This is my first Apple product and I'm really enjoying what it does tremendously. Unlike you, I bought a PC laptop just for the purpose of using that PC to support the iPad--for backing it up and synching. I sort of wish I went and bought a MAC. From using this iPad, I bet a full blown MAC would be just as good as the iPad. Please share your experiences going MAC.
  3. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Welcome to the site, hope to see you around. Any questions, feel free to ask.:)
  4. Matt Shank

Matt Shank iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After messing with the iMac for a few days, I have to say it didn't take long to get use to. There are things that are different compared to a PC but stuff is easy to figure out. It's nice when I start the Mac, it doesn't take long to boot. Press the power button and about 10 seconds you're set. :)

Thanks, will do.