Hello from Pennsylvania!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Matt Shank, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Matt Shank

Matt Shank iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My name is Matt(as indicated by my username). I've had my iPad for a week now, I must say, I love it.
    I bought it to replace my windows laptop (I know it wasn't marketed to replace laptops) since my laptop was always getting hot on my lap.

Since I can remember, I was never an Apple fan. The iPad has changed my mind. So much so that I got a new iMac. :) (scheduled to arrive Monday)

2. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Hello Matt

Welcome to the forum! I can relate to you in a couple of ways, particularly with regard to being a first time Apple owner by acquiring this amazing iPad!

This is my first Apple product and I'm really enjoying what it does tremendously. Unlike you, I bought a PC laptop just for the purpose of using that PC to support the iPad--for backing it up and synching. I sort of wish I went and bought a MAC. From using this iPad, I bet a full blown MAC would be just as good as the iPad. Please share your experiences going MAC.

3. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Welcome to the site, hope to see you around. Any questions, feel free to ask.:)

4. Matt Shank

Matt Shank iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After messing with the iMac for a few days, I have to say it didn't take long to get use to. There are things that are different compared to a PC but stuff is easy to figure out. It's nice when I start the Mac, it doesn't take long to boot. Press the power button and about 10 seconds you're set. :)

Thanks, will do.