What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from northwest Florida -

Gaybinator2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! Making my way through the iPad self-instruction. Only real problem is emailed photos arriving at their destination upside down -please help! And how do pics get from iPad to computer? Hooked it up with USB and the PC didn't recognize
it.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't come across upside down photographs before, but videos certainly have that habit.

I suggest you consider the orientation of the iPad when taking the photograph. Home button down for portrait, and to your right for landscape.
that sorts out video. It may be the same for photos too.

Try a different USB port, preferably USB2.0, and do not connect through a USB hub, not even a powered one.

Once the PC has found your iPad, you right click on the iPad icon in Windows Explorer, and select Import Photographs from the popup list. There is an option to delete the photographs after transfer. It works OK, and is the fastest and most reliable method for deleting large quantities of photographs from the iPad. Don't delete them by deleting from the DCIM folder. That has caused major issues in the past.

OP
G

Gaybinator2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If orientation of iPad when I take the pic matters, why do all pics appear correctly on the camera roll? Thanks for the help.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If orientation of iPad when I take the pic matters, why do all pics appear correctly on the camera roll? Thanks for the help.

No idea. It's a shot in the dark. Videos shot with incorrect orientation will also show right way up, and will play right way up in Windows, if you use QuickTime, but if you use VLC or Window Media Player, they will be upside down.

Most reactions

Latest posts