What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from new user - I am a

krabat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poet, and even if I've been a dedicated Apple user since 1992, I mainly bought the iPad for professionally investigative purposes... :-D

I am very dedicated to seeing poetry be presented properly on mobile devices. At present (Oct. 2010) I am storming the gates, since the first Danish establishment poet to have a collection of poetry issued as EPUB + print on demand had his book bungled, in my eyes, due to incompetence.

In my eyes there is no other way to publish poetry than in a fixed format. One thing is losing the ability to print in a format befitting the poet's length of lines, simply because most ebook formats are a particular size, another and all together different issue is that programmers and makers-of-standard-formats, and very few of them on a worlds wide scale, will decide how digitally published poetry should look.

A fixed format like pdf kan allieviate the pain, by permitting a print to fixed page size, design and length of lines.

Most reactions

Latest posts