1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Hello from new user - I am a

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by krabat, Oct 3, 2010.

1. krabat

krabat iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    poet, and even if I've been a dedicated Apple user since 1992, I mainly bought the iPad for professionally investigative purposes... :-D

I am very dedicated to seeing poetry be presented properly on mobile devices. At present (Oct. 2010) I am storming the gates, since the first Danish establishment poet to have a collection of poetry issued as EPUB + print on demand had his book bungled, in my eyes, due to incompetence.

In my eyes there is no other way to publish poetry than in a fixed format. One thing is losing the ability to print in a format befitting the poet's length of lines, simply because most ebook formats are a particular size, another and all together different issue is that programmers and makers-of-standard-formats, and very few of them on a worlds wide scale, will decide how digitally published poetry should look.

A fixed format like pdf kan allieviate the pain, by permitting a print to fixed page size, design and length of lines.
  2. Mach3Composites

Mach3Composites iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like you have a calling. Welcome to the forum.