Hello from New Orleans!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by BuayaGuy, Apr 24, 2010.

1. BuayaGuy

BuayaGuy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, just found out about this board when I was out at the Apple Store today, getting my new Steinheil AF antiglare shield put on :)

Jazz Fest is in full force down here, and I finally have my 16 gig iPad fully protected (bought it on day one.)

The iPad fits in perfectly between my iPhone and Mac Pro, since I don't currently have a laptop. The only issue I have at the moment is lack of good apps that I had on the iPhone that haven't been converted to iPad yet. I do use several iPhone apps on here, and in total have about 2.5 pages of apps so far (as opposed to something like 8 on the iPhone.)

Love the iPad though - on the first day, I showed it to my sister, and she liked it so much that I took her back out to the Apple store, and SHE bought one too :)

Glad to be a member over here - hope to pick up some great tips and maybe leave a few of my own!

--
    "Wer keine fremde Sprache spricht, kennt seine Muttersprache nicht." - Goethe

2. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Glad to have you here, you represent your fair city well......

You speak of apps that have not been updated for iPad yet.... The one I am most waiting for is documents2go. I have had d2g since the Palm/Pocket Pc days, and on my iPhone. the iPhone version running on the iPad is a bit strange. Really want that update.....

Anyway, welcome!

3. BuayaGuy

BuayaGuy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the welcome :)

The app I'd really love to see on the iPad is Times RSS newsreader by Acryllic software. I emailed them to inquire about an iPad app, but no reply…

I'm trying to see if there's a way to stream Netflix movies, and have the movie output directly to my widescreen TV. has anyone else done this yet?

4. Rasputina

Rasputina iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome!

Bummed I'm missing Jazz Fest but I'll be down your way in about a week once my 3G arrives.

I'm waiting on apps I have on iphone that need ipad specific versions also.

5. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    I haven't been down to Nawlins since before Katrina, although I have friends in Baton Rouge and Lafayette that I have visited, I just couldn't bear to visit until things got restored more.

6. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Welcome to the site, hope to see you around!!:)

7. brhon

brhon iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Welcome from Michigan.