What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Louisiana

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just got an iPad air and hoping to learn a lot from here! :)

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) I've been to NOLA quite a few times and always enjoy - not sure 'where' you are located. Hope to see you posting - Dave

OP
rn4j0r

rn4j0r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks giradman. I'm in Baton Rouge. I looooove NOLA! The entire state has such an awesome culture about it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks giradman. I'm in Baton Rouge. I looooove NOLA! The entire state has such an awesome culture about it.

Great! I've not been to Baton Rouge - have explored the Cajun country south of New Orleans and been to Houma - love bayou boat tours! I do own a nice collection of Cajun & Zydeco music. Dave :)

OP
rn4j0r

rn4j0r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great! I've not been to Baton Rouge - have explored the Cajun country south of New Orleans and been to Houma - love bayou boat tours! I do own a nice collection of Cajun & Zydeco music. Dave :)

Come on back down! haha

We got plenty of good food and music for all!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Come on back down! haha

We got plenty of good food and music for all!

Yes, I know! :) Our last trip was about 3-4 years ago (before I was writing my travelogues) - we stayed at the Monteleone Hotel on Royal Street in the French Quarter - had some great meals and shared a dozen oysters every day (believe lunch & dinner one or two days!).

The trip was 5 nights - one evening we went to the Ritz-Carlton to hear Jeremy Davenport, another night at the Carousel Bar & Lounge in our hotel (forget who was playing but he was great), and 3 nights at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse at the Sonesta on Bourbon Street. We were thinking of returning this year, but went to Florida twice instead - maybe in the fall or early next year? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 12.17.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 12.19.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 12.22.57 PM.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I know! :) Our last trip was about 3-4 years ago (before I was writing my travelogues) - we stayed at the Monteleone Hotel on Royal Street in the French Quarter - had some great meals and shared a dozen oysters every day (believe lunch & dinner one or two days!).

The trip was 5 nights - one evening we went to the Ritz-Carlton to hear Jeremy Davenport, another night at the Carousel Bar & Lounge in our hotel (forget who was playing but he was great), and 3 nights at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse at the Sonesta on Bourbon Street. We were thinking of returning this year, but went to Florida twice instead - maybe in the fall or early next year? Dave :)
View attachment 72055 View attachment 72056 View attachment 72057
Have you ever considered New Orleans during Mardi Gras?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you ever considered New Orleans during Mardi Gras?

Yes we have considered going to Mardi Gras, especially when Susan's brother lived in Mobile - he would go every year and wanted us to come down to 'share the fun, eats, & music', but we declined - crowds (like the one below on Royal Street - Bourbon Street would be likely even more congested!) and outdoor events have never been to our likely, just us, I guess; but obviously since about a million people show up, the event is well attended and enjoyed! :) Dave
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 1.15.49 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts