What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from France !

Amaretto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody !
Well here I am with my iPad2 -white 64GB 3G ! Hubby offered it to me as a gift for our 16th year of marriage . I'm using it every day , couldn't even imagine that 2 months ago. The worst is that I didn't even seriously think about purchasing a tablet , ipad even less as I hate Apple's policy - I was rather interrested in purchasing a Galaxy S . But no regrets at all - I'm very happy about its versatility .
I live in the south of France , surrounded by 4 cats . Always used Windows as a 3D hobbyist ,I might get tempted by a Snow Leopard now - I guess I'll give it a try , at least as a virtual machine inside my Windows . I would like to make some programs for iPad - I have good notions of Delphi but Objective-c seems so far away ...
Hope I'll enjoy my stay , looks like a nice community here ;)

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello from Mars.......ooopps it just feels like Mars somedays, howdy from Tennessee.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome on board good news we are setting up a French sub forum which will be active by Friday hopefully so watch for it in the international forum. Cheers from australia

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome from Scotland.

If you feel like learning how to develop your own apps you can do so for free. Go to iTunes on your iPad, click on 'iTunesU' at the bottom right hand side, select 'Universities and Colleges', then scroll to Stanford. Scroll right through the courses and you'll find a two-part, 25 lectures per part, course on programming iPad apps. It's free and, by the end of the course, you'll be able to program some simple apps yourself. It's a great resource from one of the best Universities in the world.

Tim

Most reactions