What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from England-land

barry1024

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesboydphoto.com
I don't even have my iPad yet (coming monday 11th October), but i'm making a pre-emptive strike on this forum.

I'm mostly here to learn, and find out about good apps.

I'll be using it as an e-reader, movie player, email, web browsing (duh), and for viewing photos on in the house. and tethered to my phone for mobile web browsing on the train.

16GB WiFi :) Looking forward to Monday.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Barry,many people here from the UK.

There was an old man from Leeds
Who swallowed a packet of seeds,
Out of his ... grew two blades of grass
And out of his..... grew weeds.

I bet you have heard that a time or two.:D

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't just read the active forums but trawl through the older posts as there's lot of good stuff there.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you tether a stock wi-fi iPad to a phone? I was under the impression you couldn't.

Hi! by the way, from the Right side of the Pennines.

You can tether a stock iPad to a jailbroken iPhone, but you cant tether stock to stock...

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome! This is a good place, innit?

I use GoodReader for my general storage and videos that I don't want or need in iTunes, and AirVideo for live streaming my all formats from my laptop when I'm on my local network.

OP
B

barry1024

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesboydphoto.com
Welcome! This is a good place, innit?

I use GoodReader for my general storage and videos that I don't want or need in iTunes, and AirVideo for live streaming my all formats from my laptop when I'm on my local network.

Thanks a lot for the AirVideo tip. I've got a lot of TV shows on my desktop that i want to watch around my house.

Can you tether a stock wi-fi iPad to a phone? I was under the impression you couldn't.

Hi! by the way, from the Right side of the Pennines.

Sorry, i meant that i was going to use the 'tethering' feature of my phone and turn it into a wifi hotspot and just connect from the iPad over standard wifi.

Most reactions