What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Canada

Gsherry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking for help on using the iPad Mini
camera, found great answers on the Forum page, along with other helpful information so decided to join. I am technically a "senior" but only on paper, avid walker with Volkssport, still putting in some hours
painting houses, and enjoying my iPad Mini, my first Apple product. Looking forward to learning more about all the advantages of this site and " My Minnie"

sherry

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sherry
Welcome to the IPF! You will not be disappointed and with a itty bit of patience all of your questions will be answered! Again, WELCOME!
You will find many friends on this forum!
Hmmmm- I just realised I should have had a look at your profile before that bit about patient was said, along with your post! I guess it will be a welcome to the friendliest, family oriented, joyful and at times hilarious app on the web! My first APPLE product is an iPad 2 ( my only APPLE product actually and unfortunately ). I am so NEW to APPLE and now know what all the hoopla was when my friends tried to talk me into getting an APPLE way back when. I digress , what I really wanted to say, after reading about you was;" please have patience with me or any other members who might be asking YOU for YOUR help.!! :D

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Sherry and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Tutorial for our App
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html
Tutorial on creating posts on the Forum
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...1590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-don-t-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
G

Gsherry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sherry
Welcome to the IPF! You will not be disappointed and with a itty bit of patience all of your questions will be answered! Again, WELCOME!
You will find many friends on this forum!
Hmmmm- I just realised I should have had a look at your profile before that bit about patient was said, along with your post! I guess it will be a welcome to the friendliest, family oriented, joyful and at times hilarious app on the web! My first APPLE product is an iPad 2 ( my only APPLE product actually and unfortunately ). I am so NEW to APPLE and now know what all the hoopla was when my friends tried to talk me into getting an APPLE way back when. I digress , what I really wanted to say, after reading about you was;" please have patience with me or any other members who might be asking YOU for YOUR help.!! :D

squib
Thanks for the friendly welcome, nice to see I am not the only one with only ONE Apple product! Of course, you know this whole reply is just to see if and how this all works. ;)

OP
G

Gsherry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Leelai, I see I have some homework already. Thanks for all the links and the welcome. I am off to re read the rules in case I have flubbed something already! Thanks again for the help. Sherry

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Sherry and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

!

Leelai, sorry to condense your post and left off all of those wonderful web links ( which I already copy and pasted into my notes app ). I have 2 questions!
1. Since I DID abbreviate your post ( all the links gone ) which I stumbled upon by mistake, then couldn't remember how to re-create my mistake, but finally figured it out,........if it legal legal in any sense? Such as this in this post of mine, in that instance I was experimenting with my post to see if I could replicate it!?
2. Should I ask the person first, the one who's post I am altering, or during or after OR are they ALL illegal no matter what reason you have for doing it?
3. Oh, super moderators, et al., please don't report me for this posting!!! I am learning to do by doing - one part of the 4-H,s motto ( credo? Anthem? ) The thing you have to memorise to belong to the 4-H club., and I am ASKING ( maybe too late - I will find out soon enough! )
Instead of reporting me could you please give me the proper answer and let this be a learning post for other members like me OR before you report it you could just delete it altogether !!!! I don't like infractions, it feels like I hurt my best friend when that happens! HOPING FOR THE BEST! :D preparing for the worst! Stop, tuck and roll? Was that it? I a Canuck! didnt know there was a threat!!! Squib

An added bonus!!! For anyone out there who didn't know what the 4-H's stand for!

The 4-H LOGO - a 4 leafed clover!

This is the 4-H club's MOTTO is : LEARN TO DO BY DOING.

And the" 4-H PLEDGE "

"My head to clearer thinking,
My heart to greater loyalty,
My hands to larger service,
And my health to better living,
For my club, my community, and my country."t

As a wee bit of history, the 4-H clubs stared near the beginning of the last century in Alberta, Canada
That is about all I can formally remember . BFN Diane

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
squib
Thanks for the friendly welcome, nice to see I am not the only one with only ONE Apple product! Of course, you know this whole reply is just to see if and how this all works. ;)

sorry, Sherry, I didn't mean my welcome was meant to be dismissed! :-( . On the weekend I mistakenly posted something that looked like it ca e from me when part of it really came from me!! Sorry, I had no idea how that sounded until I re-read it. YIKES!!! It was about trying to re-create the mistake, but I didn't figure it out. Oh well for me! And a HUGE welcome to YOU!! Sherry, hope to see you out there!! Sincerely, Squib.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leelai, sorry to condense your post and left off all of those wonderful web links ( which I already copy and pasted into my notes app ). I have 2 questions!
1. Since I DID abbreviate your post ( all the links gone ) which I stumbled upon by mistake, then couldn't remember how to re-create my mistake, but finally figured it out,........if it legal legal in any sense?
2. Should I ask the person first, the one who's post I am altering, or during or after OR are they ALL illegal no matter what reason you have for doing it? BFN Diane

As you see, I did the same with your post without asking you. :)
Your original post still looks the same, I can't change it. The only thing I can change is the quote.
I often use this when I'm answering questions, but only want to refer to a part of it, and I'm not the only member who does that.
So the answer to the 2 questions in your quote:
1. It is legal.
2. You don't have to ask the person first.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Since I DID abbreviate your post ( all the links gone ) which I stumbled upon by mistake, then couldn't remember how to re-create my mistake, but finally figured it out,........if it legal legal in any sense? Such as this in this post of mine, in that instance I was experimenting with my post to see if I could replicate it!?
2. Should I ask the person first, the one who's post I am altering, or during or after OR are they ALL illegal no matter what reason you have for doing it?
That is about all I can form BFN Diane

Lol......all fine Diane......some posts are very long and you may only want to answer a certain part of a post.

Makes it easier to understand and it saves space. You can also multi quote a few different members the same way if you would like to answer all of them in 1 post. We actually prefer that rather than having post after post by the same member in the same thread. ;)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
THANKS! I will rest easy knowing the report police aren't after me! Hope you are well, Leelai. :D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
THANKS! I will rest easy knowing the report police aren't after me! Hope you are well, Leelai. :D

Lol.......Yes I am well....all the old cobwebs have now been blown away! It's a new day!

I hope you are well too!!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Lol.......Yes I am well....all the old cobwebs have now been blown away! It's a new day!

I hope you are well too!!

YES, much better! Alert and awake! Thanks, Leelai. I've missed you all, I need to catch up on everyone's witty posts! :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts