What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from another new member

billinga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello fellow members. I just received an iPad for work since I travel so much and it a pain to be carrying around a laptop bag from airport to airport. I am a Vice President of an educational software company that makes content for k12 schools. I am hoping to use this forum for ideas to make my travels more productive with this device. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there billinga!

Ipad is indeed a lot lighter to carry around than a laptop!

OP
B

billinga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with you completely. Unfortunately now I have to figure out all these apps. Basically I will be using this for email, web, and editing spreadsheets/presentations as well as making some presentations.

I have already gotten dropbox. People have turned me onto LogMeIn Ignition and Readdledocs. I am still looking for a good note taking program that will let me use a stylus and software that will allow me to edit my Microsoft office docs.

Any tips???

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you haven't checked out iWork yet, that is great for Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Slideshows. iWork can handle all Microsoft Office files (.doc, .ppt, .xls), but Office can't handle iWork files (.pages, .keynote, .numbers). I have all of the iWork programs on my computer -- Pages, Keynote, Numbers -- and Keynote on my iPad. On the computer you can choose to save a copy of the file as an Office extension, but I don't think you have that option on the iPad since there is to file system. I guess the best way to use iWork would be to take advantage of iWork.com. As long as you have an Apple Account (what you would use to buy Apps from the App Store and Music from iTunes), then you can use iWork.com. iWork.com allows all invited viewers to read, edit, and download all files you load onto it. Check it out, it might be perfect for your needs.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts