What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, finally got an iPad 3

Gordon49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

Before the new iPad I was considering getting an iPad 2 but decided to wait for this one to come out. Only now have I got round to purchasing one. I bought this on Tuesday!

I'm now the proud owner of a Black 64gb WiFi + 3G New iPad. I also have the blue smart cover which I must admit is pretty cool. Also I got a belkin snap shield to protect it and despite poor reviews seems to be very good so far and a pouch for protecting and storing it in along with my iPod touch and various accessories.

This thing is amazing and I love it so far. I was considering buying a different, possibly android tablet because I wasn't so sure the iPad was worth it. But even though I've spent about £700 on this I feel it is definitely worth it! I love it.

I'm using t-mobile for the 3G mainly through the 1 or 7 day bundles since I'm mostly using it at home but having the data facility is really useful , in fact I'll be using it for the first time tomorrow when I go out to the Farnbourough air show.

Just set it up a bit, organised my apps and music and settings etc. but now in the process of buying a few more, ripping DVDs and syncing them to my iPad through iTunes (bypassing the iTunes restrictions) using 3rd party software and entering in calendar information. I've already found this device so useful and will likely use it even more than my desktop windows pc!

One question, I'm taking great care of this - cleaning it every day etc but I'm in the habit of completely remove the s,art cover when using the device for a long while, on short term I'll fold it back behind. But I'm a little concerned that constantly ripping it off and reattaching it will cause damages - maybe scratches to the aluminium side of the iPad. Could anyone tell me what might happen, maybe they do the same too?

But otherwise, looking forward to using this forum as I enjoy my iPad!

P.S is the forum on the tapatalk app?

Many Thanks
Gordon

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using the smart cover for over a year and do the same as you, no scratches in all this time but I do get a carbon like mark on the iPad where the smart cover connects. I think it might be very fine dust from the hinges of the smart cover, it just wipes off and isn't a problem. I also have a snap on clear rear cover.

I don't use tapatalk but I know many here who do use this app for the Forum.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum Gordon...

This forum is available thru the Tapatalk app :)...

Most reactions

Latest posts