What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone!

ChrisLuikuo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm Chris Luikuo.. I just got registered here minutes ago.
I have an iPad for a year and 2 months already. It was amazing based on the features it has but it has become annoying as time passes by. Problems are popping here and there. Hope I get my answers here. :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Chris and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Chris and welcome to the Forum!

If you are having problems occurring on the iPad it is a good idea to follow these steps.
Do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar along the bottom. It will show all the apps that you have opened at one time or another. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, I do mine every night. Check and see if it is operating now, if not a restart is in order.

Restart: Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will start again. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running smoothly. Now see if it is operating. If not a reset is the next step.

Reset: Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. This is a reset.

When an App or your iPad begin to behave strangely these are the first steps you should do to rectify it. Let us know how you go, good luck!!

2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
ChrisLuikuo

ChrisLuikuo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome and for the tips, reminders, and guides.. I'll be taking note of them.. =)

OP
ChrisLuikuo

ChrisLuikuo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi Chris and welcome to the Forum!

If you are having problems occurring on the iPad it is a good idea to follow these steps.
Do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar along the bottom. It will show all the apps that you have opened at one time or another. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, I do mine every night. Check and see if it is operating now, if not a restart is in order.

Restart: Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will start again. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running smoothly. Now see if it is operating. If not a reset is the next step.

Reset: Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. This is a reset.

When an App or your iPad begin to behave strangely these are the first steps you should do to rectify it. Let us know how you go, good luck!!

2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html

Enjoy!

I am having the a problem with Imikimi app. When the app crash first happened, I deleted and re-installed it. It went fine but the app crash happened again. I can no longer risk losing all the data that I have saved. I already tried rebooting my iPad several times but the problem still exists.

Please give me more options or solutions that I can do for this. Thank you very much!

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ChrisLuikuo said:
I am having the a problem with Imikimi app. When the app crash first happened, I deleted and re-installed it. It went fine but the app crash happened again. I can no longer risk losing all the data that I have saved. I already tried rebooting my iPad several times but the problem still exists.

Please give me more options or solutions that I can do for this. Thank you very much!

So you have closed the App completely by following the first part of the tips I gave you? If you have followed all my tips and nothing has fixed it and also deleted and reinstalled, it may be the app itself. Is it a new app or just recently had an upgrade? It may be an idea to get in touch with the developers and tell them the issues you're having. Someone else may chime in here with some ideas.

OP
ChrisLuikuo

ChrisLuikuo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
So you have closed the App completely by following the first part of the tips I gave you? If you have followed all my tips and nothing has fixed it and also deleted and reinstalled, it may be the app itself. Is it a new app or just recently had an upgrade? It may be an idea to get in touch with the developers and tell them the issues you're having. Someone else may chime in here with some ideas.

I tried what you said and I think it's just a new one. It doesn't have an upgrade nor had upgrades before.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With some apps it's not until they are released that problems occur. Get in touch with the Developer and tell him the issues you're having, it's in his best interest to have a workable app.

OP
ChrisLuikuo

ChrisLuikuo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
With some apps it's not until they are released that problems occur. Get in touch with the Developer and tell him the issues you're having, it's in his best interest to have a workable app.

Thank you for the tip! =)
I'll resend my review for the app. Probably because of slow internet connection, I was not able to send it.

Most reactions

Latest posts