What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone

cocozilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to forum use of any kind, so pls bear with my goofs...

I want to use iCloud to send my Contacts to my husband's new iPad so that he doesn't have to build what has already been built. I found a way through syncing, but he has no mobileme acct and can't get one since Apple is phasing mobileme out.

So...anybody have a suggestion?

thx

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I almost forgot, how rude of me........

Hi there and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another option exists, though I agree with Gabriel that an iCloud account for your husband would be a great solution; you still need to get the contact list to him.

Open up icloud.com in a computer browser, sign in and select the Contacts app. Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the screen and choose Select All. Click on it again and choose Export vCard. The file should download to your computer.

Mail the resulting file your husband. When it arrives in the Mail app on the iPad, tap and hold on the attachment. It should offer him the option of importing the contacts into the Contact app.

Now, I don't know if it's been fixed with iOS 5, but Contacts has a history of loosing it's contents; usually when there are lots of contacts (500 or more). I recommend that your husband sync those contacts with an online service. iCloud is best if he doesn't already have one, but any service will do.

If you and he don't mind sharing all your contacts, calendars, and other info, then you don't have to do any of this. Add your iCloud account to his iPad (Settings > iCloud), then just turn off whatever you don't want to share (Mail most likely) in the iCloud settings, and set them up separately under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.

That all probably seems a bit complicated right now, but play around a bit and it will all start to make more sense.

dilorenzoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am new to this forum and still trying to find my way around. Here is my problem:

I have a mobile me account and have been able to keep my Idevice contacts and Yahoo mail account contacts in sync using an app that is installed in the Windows XP control panel. This comparable iCloud app will not be available to Windows XP users. I guess Apple is convinced that millions of XP users will dump their operating system for this feature. As a result I have not moved from mobile me at this time. Has anyone figured another way to sync Idevice contacts with Yahoo contacts when using iCloud?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions