What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Everyone

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. My name is Spencer and I'm also a member of iPhoneForums (sister site) and since I will be receiving my Gold 64gb iPad Air2 tomorrow (tracking number confirmed)...OH YEAH!!, I decided to join. This will be my first iPad and only my second iDevice (Gold 32gb 5s). After using/having different platforms in the past, I got my first Apple iDevice approx a year ago, and quickly realized what I've been missing (Smile). I'm here to learn and be a contributor as much as I can. Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Spencer.. - welcome to the forum! :)

Just bought my wife an iPhone 6 (already own 2 iPads, iPod - old 2G, iMac, & MBPro) on Friday - she already used it today w/ her synced shopping list at the food market!

Like your avatar - looks like a military insignia - Marine Corps, I assume? Dave

OP
Spencerdl

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Spencer.. - welcome to the forum! :)

Just bought my wife an iPhone 6 (already own 2 iPads, iPod - old 2G, iMac, & MBPro) on Friday - she already used it today w/ her synced shopping list at the food market!

Like your avatar - looks like a military insignia - Marine Corps, I assume? Dave
KOOL[emoji41]...and yes. Retired Marine

Sent from my GOLD [emoji390][emoji641]s
using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
KOOL[emoji41]...and yes. Retired Marine

Hi again - love those marine uniforms! Actually, I was in the Army for just a couple of years (mid-1970s) - stationed @ Ft. Bragg, North Carolina - my insignia below - will let the other's guess - ;) Dave
1703.jpg
PI14838.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looks like you were a major in the medical corps.

Yep - I knew that you would be one of the first to guess correctly! But, I do love all of those military insignia - wasn't in long enough to accumulate any of those ribbons & extras! Dave :)

ADDENDUM: well here I am nearly 40 years ago w/ those insignia on my shoulder lapels in my summer uniform - quite a handsome dude w/ a lot of brown hair at the time! I look very different now - ;) Dave
MajorDave76.jpg

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. My name is Spencer and I'm also a member of iPhoneForums (sister site) and since I will be receiving my Gold 64gb iPad Air2 tomorrow (tracking number confirmed)...OH YEAH!!, I decided to join. This will be my first iPad and only my second iDevice (Gold 32gb 5s). After using/having different platforms in the past, I got my first Apple iDevice approx a year ago, and quickly realized what I've been missing (Smile). I'm here to learn and be a contributor as much as I can. Thanks.

Hi Spencer....I figured it was just a matter of time that you'd hope the fence and check out the iPadforum. So glad you joined and happy that you ordered an iPad. You will love it...I certainly do!

Ski~

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Now, what I really loved about that Army experience was my 'winter uniform' hat w/ the floral arrangements called 'scrambled eggs' by my father in-law (a Naval MD veteran from WWII) - image below - Dave :)
bancroft-front.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep - I knew that you would be one of the first to guess correctly! But, I do love all of those military insignia - wasn't in long enough to accumulate any of those ribbons & extras! Dave :)

ADDENDUM: well here I am nearly 40 years ago w/ those insignia on my shoulder lapels in my summer uniform - quite a handsome dude w/ a lot of brown hair at the time! I look very different now - ;) Dave
View attachment 61385
I know what's different. You're much handsomer now. ;)

GDsunshine

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Hi spencer! Happy for you on your new iPad Air 2 please share the difference. I didn't plan to buy air 2 I heard that there's no big changes from air 1. I have air1 64g..

OP
Spencerdl

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi spencer! Happy for you on your new iPad Air 2 please share the difference. I didn't plan to buy air 2 I heard that there's no big changes from air 1. I have air1 64g..
I will defintely share my experience with my Air2 once I receive it. This will be my first iPad so I can't really compare it to the Air1 except from what I've read.

OP
Spencerdl

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone...Smile

Most reactions

Latest posts