1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by MystScorpio77, Jun 24, 2013.

1. MystScorpio77

MystScorpio77 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am an advid mini ipad user to say the least.. Was wondering if there any way to tell what apps are being used by other members of my family when I am sleep for example... I did put a password on this morning but I really don't want that just want to know if anyone is accessing my social media or private notes....
  2. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +851 / 1
    Hi MystScorpio77 and welcome to the forum. Just my opinion, but I can't help thinking there is something furtive about this proposition of yours. Seems to me you have two choices really, to discuss and resolve the matter with your family or to use that password.
    If you are asking if someone on this forum could point you to some sort of spying app, you might as well know now that this forum does not condone that kind of thing, and you will have no success here in that direction.
    Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. MystScorpio77

MystScorpio77 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No don't want to spy. Was reading. When I double press home key and the apps come up at the bottom does that tell you what was last used... I also want to make sure when my little ones used my iPad there not accessing other apps ... Is there any way to limit there apps use other than me standing over them...
  4. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +851 / 1
    Well, there are privacy options built in; go to Settings>Privacy for a host of options. For real "secretive" matters, there are apps to hide stuff. I use a nice app called "The Vault" where things can be stored with a password.
    Unfortunately, there is not a way to see what app was last used( except by looking at the bottom row task bar apps as you suggest) or unless one of the search apps like Safari or Google show any history that was not deleted.
    Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  5. andreww22

andreww22 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello everyone.........welcome to this forum
  6. Samana

Samana iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Welcome! Enjoy the forum!
  7. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
  8. MystScorpio77

MystScorpio77 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the Welcomes and help
  9. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,315 / 0

The multi task bar at the bottom will show all recently used apps but as these can be deleted from here singularly, you cannot be sure which apps have really been accessed.

Most social media apps are password protected, so it may be an idea to utilise this. As OB has said there are apps available where you can lock away files, photos and videos and are password protected. I have even seen an app which looks like a calculator, performs just like one too but is only a 'front' for its real purpose of secreting these type of files. I'm afraid I can't remember the name of it though. A search of the App Store is a good idea here.

The iPad is really a personal use device. The restrictions which can be set through the Settings apps are more about stopping changes being made on your iPad by others, but you can also restrict access to native apps (apps which are already on your iPad when new), once set these apps actually disappear from the screen. You can also set controls for age content here. Have a look, there might be something there you can utilise. You will need to set a password here to access these controls.

Once an app has been purchased, it can then be deleted and then downloaded again at any time without cost.

I hope some of this helps.
    • Like Like x 1