Hello Everyone, I have just ordered my IPad

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by itzdata, Jun 18, 2010.

1. itzdata

itzdata iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greeting to everyone, I am in Gymea Sydney NSW. I have just ordered my IPad and my deleivery date is 5th July (my birthday) for which this is a gift to me :) lol

I had a real dilema on which model to get but finally convinced myself to go with the 16Gb with WIFI and 3G. I have wireless access points at home.

I also selected the wireless keyboard, a separate dock, and the carrycase. The wait is going to be so bad!

I would like to know if any of my existing gear will work with my new toy.
    I have a 17" MacBook Pro. Will the camera cable and the VCR cable. Will they work with the IPad or should I get separate. I also have the IPhone 8Gb

Will I need to get programs like word processor, numbers etc or will some of my Mac OS/X ones work? Office etc. or is most of what I want there already.

Huge apologies if all these questions have been covered elsewhere in Forums as I have not read any yet, I was just excited to find this fabulous site so dived straight in.

Bye For now.
  2. IPad-Fan-64

IPad-Fan-64 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the site :)

That's a long time to wait for your iPad, happy birthday for then :)
  3. Abrennan

Abrennan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hopefully someone else can answer the above questions

I don't think there is any way you can use the programs from your current computer on the iPad. There are a few office type Apps that sync with Google docs I like Quickoffice. There are also cut down versions of Page and other Apple programs

hope that helps