1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Hello Everyone, I have just ordered my IPad

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by itzdata, Jun 18, 2010.

1. itzdata

itzdata iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greeting to everyone, I am in Gymea Sydney NSW. I have just ordered my IPad and my deleivery date is 5th July (my birthday) for which this is a gift to me :) lol

I had a real dilema on which model to get but finally convinced myself to go with the 16Gb with WIFI and 3G. I have wireless access points at home.

I also selected the wireless keyboard, a separate dock, and the carrycase. The wait is going to be so bad!

I would like to know if any of my existing gear will work with my new toy.
    I have a 17" MacBook Pro. Will the camera cable and the VCR cable. Will they work with the IPad or should I get separate. I also have the IPhone 8Gb

Will I need to get programs like word processor, numbers etc or will some of my Mac OS/X ones work? Office etc. or is most of what I want there already.

Huge apologies if all these questions have been covered elsewhere in Forums as I have not read any yet, I was just excited to find this fabulous site so dived straight in.

Bye For now.
  2. IPad-Fan-64

IPad-Fan-64 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the site :)

That's a long time to wait for your iPad, happy birthday for then :)
  3. Abrennan

Abrennan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hopefully someone else can answer the above questions

I don't think there is any way you can use the programs from your current computer on the iPad. There are a few office type Apps that sync with Google docs I like Quickoffice. There are also cut down versions of Page and other Apple programs

hope that helps