What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone :D

Kryptonick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello people! Lol
So as you can see my username is kryptonick and I joined this forum to learn everything I need to know about the "I Pad"
This is the first time I bought an apple product beside their iPods and to be honest I have no single idea how to work this thing beside browsing and organizing my emails
The reason I bought the ipad is because of the simplicity in it,I see people do their works here and play games too,so I hope all of you guys here can help me out because I literally don't know how to work this thing lol

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

When you get a chance, you might want to download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

userguide.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

OP
K

Kryptonick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I downloaded this game from pre game.net but why doesn't it show up in front of my home screen ?
And do i really need to create an apple id to download apps both free and priced ?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are not jailbroken, the ONLY place you can download apps is through iTunes on your PC or through the App Store on your iPad. If you are jailbroken, you can also download apps from Cydia.

And yes, you must have an Apple ID to get anything from Apple.

OP
K

Kryptonick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydia ? that's a name of a website ?
now how do i know if my ipad is jailbroken or not ? is there someway to check it in the ipad ?
sorry for troubling with so many questions :D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you bought your iPad brand new from an authorized Apple reseller, then it is not jailbroken. Cydia is another place to get apps if you are jailbroken. If you don't know what jailbreaking is, I do not recommend it for you.

OP
K

Kryptonick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok so i think mine is not jailbroken,now basic questions,i tried reading the .pdf file you told me to but i don't seem to find a way to bookmark a page ? or to refresh a page ? how do i do that ? and oh yeah,if i download applications from the apps store,the apps should appear directly at my home screen right ?
And how do I switch between emails when I have more than one address registered in my iPad ?
I'm sorry for troubling you with so many questions mate :eek:

Last edited:

Most reactions