Hello and question

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by AuthorBeckyAyers, Oct 23, 2011.

1. AuthorBeckyAyers

AuthorBeckyAyers iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone. I was searching for an answer I have about my iPad when I found this forum. I also downloaded the app but can't figure out how you post a new thread in the app, so I have to post on the website for now.

Anyway, I bought a stereo dock/stand for my iPad but I'm incredibly annoyed by the music starting every time I plug it into the dock. Is there anyway to disable the autoplay function??? I do listen to music on occassion on it, but use it more for apps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +749 / 0
    Hi there and welcome.

There are two options for posting new threads. If you are using the app, touch forums button (bottom left of screen), navigate to the forum you want to post in and then touch the box with an arrow coming out of it (top right of screen). On the website, touch the iPad forum button (top left), touch the forum that you want to post in then just above the top post and on the left you will see the purple New Thread button, touch that and you are good to go.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. A link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland
  4. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Welcome, from Cali!
  5. AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
    Ratings:
    +603 / 0
    Good question. I'm new to iPad and have cruised the web for an answer too. There doesn't appear to be an auto play disable
    feature in iOS?
    Welcome to the forum.
    AA