What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello and need help

Imillinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new user and am having a problem. When I search for an app and get through several pages and then look at an app when I leave the app it takes me back to page one rather than the page I was on and have to start over--how do I correct this--thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would suggest LOTS of alcohol! :D

But seriously though, that's how the App Store behaves. Annoying, ain't it?

I'd recomment AppShopper, a free app. With it, you can browse AND come back to the search after you've researched/read about another app.

There are those who dream that Apple will figure a better way to run the App Store...

Good luck.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I'm doing research I use iTunes. While it doesn't always behave predictably, it does so more often than the iPad app. I usually go back and purchase the app directly on the iPad when I'm finished. Quicker that way.

AppAdvice is another good site/app to check things out. They have some lists and guides that, while not definitive, make good starting points for comparing apps.

I've heard about AppShopper before. I really should check it out.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new user and am having a problem. When I search for an app and get through several pages and then look at an app when I leave the app it takes me back to page one rather than the page I was on and have to start over--how do I correct this--thanks

I used to have this problem too. Sometimes the button at the top left side of the screen would say 'back', when it would take me back to the first page and sometimes it would say 'App Store', when it would take me back to the page I'd just left. Sometimes, too, the 'App Store' button would appear for a second and then change to 'Back'. I'm sure someone out there knows how to fix this!

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions