What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello and I have a ton of questions.

OP
L

lollismith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought you might like to hear how my issue with iMessage was handled. As I wrote earlier, I spent the entire day yesterday on the phone with Apple, and downloading and reloading my iPad without success. I called again today and got to speak with a supervisor. We went through another checklist, turned off my router, reset the router on my iPad without success. He then suggested that I try using someone else's wireless Internet to see if it would work.

I load up my iPad and head to town to a wireless cafe/grocery store in town. I turn the iPad on, and go to iMessage and try sending a message and IT WORKED!!!! I sent several messages without a problem. So I bought some groceries and came home thinking that I would have to contact my Internet provider to let them know of the problem. So I unload my groceries, open my iPad and decide to try one more time before I call my Internet provider. Well it worked again! I will wait to contact the provider, but now know where the problem lies and hopefully it can be fixed. As long as my iMessage is working it will be hard to prove it is my I P. And if it continues to work, no need to complain.

Thanks to all who tried to help. I still have questions, but they will wait for another day. After spending a day and a half on this, I'm ready to surf and play for a while.
Hugs
Lolli

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's great to hear Lolli......I hope it keeps working ok but if not at least you know where to start looking next time.

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes so pleased to hear that lolli. Now you can put this behind you, at least for as long as it keeps working. Now just enjoy your iPad and have some fun!

JessicaElmasry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, you all seem like u know what ur talking about and I could use some help..
I live in egypt and just bought the iPad 3, and when I was activating iMessage, egypt was not on the countries' drop down menu so I picked United States. Now I can't message any of my friends here, and I don't know how to change the country or reset these settings.
I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks a lot
Jessica

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
JessicaElmasry said:
Hello everyone, you all seem like u know what ur talking about and I could use some help..
I live in egypt and just bought the iPad 3, and when I was activating iMessage, egypt was not on the countries' drop down menu so I picked United States. Now I can't message any of my friends here, and I don't know how to change the country or reset these settings.
I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks a lot
Jessica

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm thinking this is the Region Format setting here. Go to Settings - General - International - Region Format - there is no setting here for Egypt but if you press Arabic it will take you to another list that has Egypt, select this and you should be good to go. Let us know if this solves your issue.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

JessicaElmasry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for trying to help. I changed the settings just like you said, but then when I tried to iMessage one of mine friends ( who owns an iPhone of course), it put a red exclamation mark next to his name. I don't get it :(
If there's anything else I could do or read please let me know.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help.
Jessica

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
JessicaElmasry said:
Thanks again for trying to help. I changed the settings just like you said, but then when I tried to iMessage one of mine friends ( who owns an iPhone of course), it put a red exclamation mark next to his name. I don't get it :(
If there's anything else I could do or read please let me know.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help.
Jessica

I have found that the red exclamation mark will normally denote that the person you are sending to is either not on OS5 or has not activated iMessage on their phone. Do you know for sure that he has iMessage and that it is activated?
Well until you find that out I'll run through a few things you should have set. Seeing how you have changed the region format on your iPad, make sure that your date and time is set properly also.

You need to have iMessage activated and have your contact email input in these settings. Have you set up your notifications and alerts also. Have a look also at the email address or phone number on which you are trying to contact him, are they correct and do you have the number set to the international standard in your contacts. There is a bit of conjecture on whether you need to have just a normal mobile no. or the international standard of having the + in front of the number. It works both ways for me but I am in Australia and this could be different for you.

Check and make sure that he is set up properly on his iPhone though. Good luck and let us know how you go.

Most reactions

Latest posts