What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello and help

Status
Not open for further replies.

karkinos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys im from greece first time posting this forum help me a lot i have ipad 2 im not much into gadgets but i like ipad a lot :D well i have ipad 2 like i said jailbroken 5.1.1 and suddenly when i opened safari i can only see a corner of safari the rest is black i clear cookies cache etc but still
Thanx for any help posted

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly Let us know how you go.

As you are jail broken I will move this thread to the Hacking Section.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Tutorial on creating posts on the Forum
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
K

karkinos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly Let us know how you go.

As you are jail broken I will move this thread to the Hacking Section.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

Forgot to mention what things i tried....i did the multitask thing u said also i clear cookes cache etc i did restart many times one last thing when i close app and i open it in portrait mode works fine but when i landscape it messes up and when i rotate to portrait is still messed up

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way you can provide us a screen shot of what is happening? Because it sounds, to me, as if you have an ad blocking your Safari web page, but since you've cleared cookies, that can't be it. So, a picture would be helpful, I think [hope?]. Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
K

karkinos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-3217090275.jpg

This is it looks like im running iphone app or something when i rotate goes fullscreen for an instant and then back to this

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for this.

What this is telling me is that you've installed some jail break tweak that is for the iPhone only (is incompatible with the iPad) or is incompatible with your iOS version - or both.

Think back to just before this behavior started. Which tweaks did you download, install or upgrade from Cydia just before this started to happen? One of those is the culprit and you'll have to go back to Cydia and uninstall it. Then, once the offending tweak is uninstalled, and after a re-spring, your iPad should be back to normal.

If you can't remember which tweaks you installed or upgraded just before this happened, please give us a list of all the tweaks you do have installed. Hopefully, we can look at the list and identify the "culprit."

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
K

karkinos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The time that happened it was when i was watching a video and somehow it crashed and turn to this i have lots of tweaks is there a way i can see them on a list just the tweaks?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always take a screen shot (or more than one) of your Installed tab in Cydia. That will give us the list (though you will probably have to take more than one screen shot).

Marilyn

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's no wonder you are having problems......given you have those piracy apps installed. A quick review of our rules will show you that we do not tolerate piracy here. Piracy is against the forum rules and is also theft, which is illegal!

We don't help pirates here so you are out of luck however, one piece of advice that I can give you is to remove those piracy apps and you have a fighting chance that your iPad might behave a bit better.

This thread is now closed!

Don't be a pirate!

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts