What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello All!

STiMULi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am pondering real hard on whether to get the VZW 3G 64 or not. I am teetering on the information pertaining to the GPS operation. Does the GPS operate separate of an active service period with the 3G provider.

I am far from a fanboy but I love my Apple Macbook and other Dell Mini 9 Hackintoshes. I have a Gen 2 and 3 Touch but I want to play with app building in the iPad and I feel that I would need most of the bells and all the whistles but I want them to work in an unrestricted manner.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am pondering real hard on whether to get the VZW 3G 64 or not. I am teetering on the information pertaining to the GPS operation. Does the GPS operate separate of an active service period with the 3G provider.

I am far from a fanboy but I love my Apple Macbook and other Dell Mini 9 Hackintoshes. I have a Gen 2 and 3 Touch but I want to play with app building in the iPad and I feel that I would need most of the bells and all the whistles but I want them to work in an unrestricted manner.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Although the GPS functionality is included on the 3G chipset, you don't need to have a data plan activated to use GPS. Having said that, though, the iPad's native 'Maps' app needs an Internet connection to dynamically download maps 'on the go'. However, there are other third party apps available that can store maps in the iPad so that you can operate the GPS offline

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts