What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello All

carmeng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a new member, I love my iPad (isn't this the coolest thing?) and my iPhone. Still trying to learn about all the capabilities, tricks and tips.

The one thing I don't like is chronic problems with duplicated events in calendar, and duplicated or shared contacts in contacts. No sooner than having tediously deleted them one by one...they return. I use Mobile Me and sync with Outlook 2007 in Windows 7. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem.

Thanks,
Carmeng

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With a Mac.

Deal with duplicates in Address Book on the Mac instead of on your devices. Just choose Look for Duplicates under the Card menu. When you are finished go ahead and make sure the Mac syncs with MobileMe by forcing one.

Open your Mac's preferences, go to MobileMe, the sync tab, and click on Sync Now.

On Windows:

Delete the duplicates in Outlook and let all other devices (and MobileMe) catch up. Might take a while, depending on the frequency of syncing.

The main point is to do your clean up at the source. When ever there is a conflict or things are unclear most sync setups will copy from your main account rather than the mobile device.

Most reactions