What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hedphone recommendation?

BassoonII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking to get some headphones for my Air....listen to mostly classical music, some Jazz..NO Rap/rock/pop crap. Tanks for any recos

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd recommend the SOL Republic and Sennheiser lines. They offer a variety of form factors and it's the biggest bang for your buck from my experience. Simplicity and elegance. I have quite a few products from both and am very satisfied on all the price levels. For classical, jazz and softer music, I'd lean more towards Sennheiser, possibly the HD200s series, or, for earbuds, the SOL Republic JAX or the Sennheiser CX300s (I think they have newer ones as successors now). It's best to try them out in person if you can at your local electronics/music store to see if the comfort level is there and the quality level of sound, make and type is to your liking as it's hard to really gauge a product from looks and reviews.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looking to get some headphones for my Air....listen to mostly classical music, some Jazz..NO Rap/rock/pop crap. Tanks for any recos

Hello & welcome to the forum! :) You've already received some recommendations; BUT, your first two decisions are: 1) What price do you want to pay?; and 2) Do you want to be wired to your iPad vs. using a BT (Bluetooth) set of headphones?

For myself, I use Rocketfish BT headphones (< $100) on my iPod & iPad - wonderful to have no wires attached (and great @ the YMCA) - keep in mind that you are likely to have MP3 (or AAC) files on your iDevice so super audio quality is not an issue - I also use a small BT speaker while traveling, yet another convenience. Just some considerations for you - Dave

rocketfish-bluetooth-headphones.jpg

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are lots of great headphones in the market :) Just try to make sure it has great quality

OP
B

BassoonII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of Bose AE2s at my local Target. Listened to about everything they had, these felt comfortable and, most importantly, sounded good. Hope I'm satisfied with them in the long run. OBTW, they cost me about $125 (most of which was covered by the $100 Target gift card I received when I bought my Air on Thanksgiving evening). Thanks for the replies...

Most reactions

Latest posts