What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heat??

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How is the new iPad doing for heat generation? My original iPad remains cool to the touch, even after hours of use.
Does the new version heat up noticeably or does it remain cool? Just wonder how that dual core cpu with increased GPU power is affecting things.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is the new iPad doing for heat generation? My original iPad remains cool to the touch, even after hours of use.
Does the new version heat up noticeably or does it remain cool? Just wonder how that dual core cpu with increased GPU power is affecting things.

The iFixit teardown confirmed that the iPad2 has almost exactly the same battery capacity as the iPad1. Given that the quoted battery life (i.e. about 10 hours) is the same as the iPad1 it must dissipate the same heat as well.

Enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

Stoodo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The iFixit teardown confirmed that the iPad2 has almost exactly the same battery capacity as the iPad1. Given that the quoted battery life (i.e. about 10 hours) is the same as the iPad1 it must dissipate the same heat as well.

Enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

That's not true at all. Increased specs with the same battery indicates that the device is more efficient and thus generating less heat. Heat is a byproduct of inefficiency.

That said, mine doesn't warm up at all.

RafRey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had it on my lap for a couple of hours last night, surfing the web, downloading apps, looking at photos, and finally watching a movie on Netflix. When I was done, it was as cool as it was when I first picked it up.

Most reactions