What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hearing Aid Bluetooth Link

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks or the reply.
I have already linked to my HC Desire phone, but I was really looking for anyone that is using the link to their iPad4 and their hearing aids any infomation about the benefits they found from that.

I will ask apple support if when using the iPad bluetooth link with my hearing aids whilst another person wants to use the headphone plug, or will that cut out the hearing aid sound. Just thinking about when on a plane for instance, watching a film.

Or ...... should the other person really have bluetooth headphones????

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, you can only link to one Bluetooth audio device at a time, and it overrides all other audio output channels. I doubt that the hearing aid link is any different, though I could be wrong (of course).

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for coming back again. I think you are right there. I managed to link to hearing aids with the iPad, although the Apple software is not very clear when closing down after use and could be improved. It seems that the bluetooth connections are individual as I have to pair it back to the TV to use that again after using the iPad. I should have tried the ordinary earphones in the iPad when I had the bluetooth link, but forgot to. Will try again and see if that works or the bluetooth cuts off the socket.

kutton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have linked my hearing aids to iPad for three years. Can not do without this convince. I am able to use my iPad without disturbing others and to mute out noises.

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the info kutton. Can you tell me if the headphone socket still works when you have your hearing aids bluetooth linked. Just thinking about when my wife and I want to listen to something, like a film, together. Also, anything else you can inform me of may be helpful as this is the first time I have been able to link to bluetooth with the hearing aids I am trying out (Phonak Q70)

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the info kutton. Can you tell me if the headphone socket still works when you have your hearing aids bluetooth linked. Just thinking about when my wife and I want to listen to something, like a film, together. Also, anything else you can inform me of may be helpful as this is the first time I have been able to link to bluetooth with the hearing aids I am trying out (Phonak Q70)

I should have added to this a long time ago, I simply forgot it. The answer is that the hearing aids link well with bluetooth and cut out general sound when linked. When trying to add a headpods, the bluetooth cuts off the sound when the additional item is pluged in.

Hope this may help others.

Most reactions

Latest posts