What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Health and Mobile devices

codeX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to hear it from one of my friends that its not advisable for us to put our phones near us (especially on the head) when the vibration is on since it may affect or can cause some serious illness... Not sure if its true but its better to be safe..

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to hear it from one of my friends that its not advisable for us to put our phones near us (especially on the head) when the vibration is on since it may affect or can cause some serious illness... Not sure if its true but its better to be safe..

This just came out in our iPhone forums regarding the next iPhone debut. It speaks about the abiliity to absorb radiation. See the link below...

New radiation absorber technology coming to the iPhone?

dana123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While using any lightening device we should use sun glass.and that will be helpful to protect our eye.We should take vare of our own health,out of all.I usually use sun glass while operating computer and browsing internet for a long time.I do the same when at the time of using my iPhone for longtime game playing.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dana123 said:
While using any lightening device we should use sun glass.and that will be helpful to protect our eye.We should take vare of our own health,out of all.I usually use sun glass while operating computer and browsing internet for a long time.I do the same when at the time of using my iPhone for longtime game playing.

Don't forget you can adjust the screen brightness in Settings. Try the Auto setting ON which will adjust it as necessary without you having to remember. May help the eye strain?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget you can adjust the screen brightness in Settings. Try the Auto setting ON which will adjust it as necessary without you having to remember. May help the eye strain?

Yes...all very good tips to reduce eyes train. Another good trick that I received from my ophthmalogist is giving your eyes a break from reading by taking a break and look at an object at a distance for for 10 seconds or so. This also helps to prevent your eys for tiring as well.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKey_Current_User said:
I think this is called the "20-20" exercise - Every 20 minutes, focus on something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.

Very good tip though it's usually 30 minutes for me.

I even set a timer sometimes as a reminder to stop & get up, do some stretches & shoulder rolls, go & get half a glass of water, or throw a ball for a dog. Something that involves walking to another room or outside for some reason. Little & often is good.

andathome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my ipad 3 about 1 month ago, I plugged it into my laptop along with my antique iphone 3 to sync all 3 devices, within about 15 minutes I had a shocking headache that lasted about 24 hrs, I turned it on Tuesday at 11.00am (about 3 weeks later) and read an article on google for about 10 mins and noticed the battery said 17% so I plugged it in about 10 feet away from me, I spent the rest of the day relaxing at home with some cooking and tv watching etc, about 17.00 I took some headache pills and at 22.00 took some more, at 23.00 I was physically sick, I prepared myself for bed and noticed the Ipad was still switched on charging. I am a healthy person is there a link or just a coincidance that the only 2 headaches of this year was when this device was turned on.

drnhlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sound like "thunderclap headache". You may google on this as there are many causes, some would need urgent consultation and investigation. Should see your doctor ASAP for physical check-up. Not sure if it's coincidental, I have not read anything regarding this, it would be interesting to follow up your case.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That does sound very odd and do agree that a follow up with your primary care physician and/or health care provider be in order for you. Best to get checked out and ensure that no other issues are going on for you. Do keep us posted and hope that you don't have a hypersensitivity to your iPad.

Temp52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cervical Spondylosis can not be ignored. Little children are not supposed to play it too much.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DanielBush said:
Cervical Spondylosis can not be ignored. Little children are not supposed to play it too much.

Did I miss the topic of cervical spondylosis?

bell622

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mobile device is very helpful for our body and our health, it is very good for our eyes and our body, when you feel headache then mobile device use your health is correct and headache is perfect, and it is very helpful for all the health related thing, i also use to the mobile device and my health is perfect.

Most reactions