What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headset with Mic

dpoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a friend who's daughter has an iPad md513ll/a and the are looking for a headset with a mic for it. Is anyone aware of one that would work? How so they connect? Any input is appreciated!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If she has an iPhone, the EarPods that come with it have a Microphone and are usable with the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Pretty much any headphone & mic set that uses the standard audio jack will work, though it is a good idea to test them first if you have a chance. Just because it works, doesn't mean it works well. Many bluetooth sets will work also, if they are for music/audio as well as the mic. The single ear bluetooth headsets are usually limited to working with phones.

I have Apple's EarPods, and they are ok. Good enough to take a phone call on. Probably not good enough if you thinking of making quality recordings. If I'm in a noisy environment I sometimes switch to the EarPods if I have them handy.

I also have two sets of bluetooth earphones. Both have mics. Neither works as well as I'd like, but they were both cheap (for bluetooth headphones). I can take a phone call if it happens to come in when I'm listening to something, but I'd never do it on purpose.

Most reactions

Latest posts