What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headphones

vercetti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've just purchased a 'new iPad'. Silly question but, can you use any headphones or do I have to buy ones specifically designed for iPad?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vercetti said:
Hi, I've just purchased a 'new iPad'. Silly question but, can you use any headphones or do I have to buy ones specifically designed for iPad?

Yours will work fine the jack is universal

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Vercetti - welcome to the forum! :)

Concerning headphones - numerous options that use the 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack (or even a larger adapter), so 'in the ear' or 'around the ears' will work fine depending on your preference and the price that you wish to pay; but I'm sure that you have plenty just lying around?

However, for me on my iPod (same on the iPad), I use a pair of Rocketfish BT (Bluetooth) headphones (shown below) - fit my head nicely, no wires, and quite good sound - worth a consideration if you don't want to be 'attached' to your music player! :D

rocketfish-bluetooth-headphones.jpg

OP
vercetti

vercetti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The only pair I have laying a round at the minute are my blackerberry ones, which do not fit. But work in my laptop. Which is why I asked. Looks like I will be investing insome more then. I kind of expected a 480 quid piece of kit to come with them tbh haha. Not to worry though, thanks again!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
vercetti said:
Thanks guys. The only pair I have laying a round at the minute are my blackerberry ones, which do not fit. But work in my laptop. Which is why I asked. Looks like I will be investing insome more then. I kind of expected a 480 quid piece of kit to come with them tbh haha. Not to worry though, thanks again!

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

We have had many members with issues of earphones not fitting or falling out and the problem has been because the jack needed a firm push to seat it properly. I think it's worth a try.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

youngun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes the absence of headphones is strange. I am also looking for some good headphones.

How is the battery life effected with bluetooth/wireless headphones?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes the absence of headphones is strange. I am also looking for some good headphones.

Well, not sure to be honest? I use the BT headphones w/ my iPod mainly, and for 2 hrs or so listening the battery indicator does not change much at all - suspect the same would be true on the iPad?

Now I use a BT keyboard w/ the iPad, especially when traveling - not much battery drain w/ that combination - when not being used, I will turn off BT on both devices.

Bottom line for me is that if you want 'wireless' BT headphones, then don't let the concern of 'battery drain' be an important factor; harder decision in choosing the type of headphones/ear buds desired and their cost - good luck! :)

OP
vercetti

vercetti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

We have had many members with issues of earphones not fitting or falling out and the problem has been because the jack needed a firm push to seat it properly. I think it's worth a try.

I see. I've found they do actually fit. But like you said, they don't slot straight in.. Just required a firm push which I was frightened to do as I didn't want to break the socket within minutes of owning it. Thank you!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
vercetti said:
I see. I've found they do actually fit. But like you said, they don't slot straight in.. Just required a firm push which I was frightened to do as I didn't want to break the socket within minutes of owning it. Thank you!

It's great that they fit and I quite understand your reluctance for fear of breaking your iPad. Thank you for letting us know. Enjoy.

Antwan8100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Vercetti - welcome to the forum! :)

Concerning headphones - numerous options that use the 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack (or even a larger adapter), so 'in the ear' or 'around the ears' will work fine depending on your preference and the price that you wish to pay; but I'm sure that you have plenty just lying around?

However, for me on my iPod (same on the iPad), I use a pair of Rocketfish BT (Bluetooth) headphones (shown below) - fit my head nicely, no wires, and quite good sound - worth a consideration if you don't want to be 'attached' to your music player! :D
Looking sounds good!one of my friends tell me about this to see and i see really nice...if it looks as good as it sounds i will have to get it.

L

Lunar

I use my bluetooth headphone quite a lot with my iPad 3... mainly when watching the many installed films I have on it, or liveTV. The impact of bluetooth on the battery is not too bad IME, and certainly nothing like the impact that enabling 3G has on the battery.

As an example.. yesterday.. having charged my iPad to 100%, I did about 20mins web browsing on it via wifi and it was still showing 100%, when I decided to relax on our settee and watch a film I had installed but not yet seen.... the film was 'Once upon a time in America' which is quite long at 220mins. after watching it I noticed the battery level was showing 77%, which I thought was not bad at all. So in effect thats 20mins web browsing + 3hrs-40mins with bluetooth enabled watching a long film... pretty good IMO... screen brightness BTW was about 40%.

Last edited by a moderator:

juliham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lifesaver..thanks guys! haha didn't wanna buy another set

Most reactions

Latest posts