What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headphone question

Radville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going on a long flight with my wife soon. I was wondering if there was dual headphone socket, so we can watch and listen to a film at the same time? Can't afford 2 iPads yet!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought a mini Jack plug which has dual sockets for plugging in two sets of earphones.
Sadly I can't remember where from, but they do exist. About the size of a 50p piece.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Amazon and search for "headphone splitter" and you will see several from which to chose. In the US, they run $4-5. (Probably about £3 or thereabouts) Just make sure to get one with 3.5mm jacks and plug.

SpankyJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may also need to buy a portable headphone amplifier, because when the signal gets split it can also reduce the volume. My daughter and I tried to watch a movie on my iPhone (pre-iPad days) with a splitter and neither of us could hear a thing. It might be better with the iPad though.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used a headphone splitter with an iPod Touch and it worked just fine. We were both using genuine Apple earbuds so I don't know if that made a difference or not as far as being the proper impedance.

As far as getting a splitter at Radio Shack, they certainly do have them, but since the OP is in the UK, I do not know if there even are any Radio Shack stores over there any more. Rumor has it they have one foot in the grave over here on this side of the pond.

"You have questions, we have cell phones!"

Most reactions

Latest posts