What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headphone problems

Randolfe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad headphone jack doesn't seem to work with headphones that used to work in it. The plug cuts off the sound but nothing comes through the phones.
I've heard a lot of people have this problem. How do you solve it? Where do you take Apple equipment for repair?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you added a case sense it last worked, it may not be seating properly, remove the case and see if that helps. Most of the cases have small holes for the earphone plug and they will not let the plug go all the way in. As joyful said make sure it's seated all the way. Also, try cleaning the male plug with alcohol and then plug it in and out a few times, clean again. Hope this helps.

OP
R

Randolfe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Working again.

Tested it again today & it was working. There are two ways to turn up the volume, one pushing the switch on the bottom & the other by clicking the visible option on the iPad.
My setting on the visible sound control was all the way down/off. I thought that is was a fast-forward or progress bar.
Thanks for all the help & suggestions. Never heard of cleaning the plug with alcohol. Researching problems of one sort often increase your knowledge about others.
I read that using a headphone splitter would require headphones with a battery booster installed. I had been amazed at how much a $30 pair of noise-cancelling battery-boosted headphones improved the sound. The one I use is "Comfortunes" made by Symtek. Had to look for a bit but found them on Ebay for $30 a pair, shipping included. I recall paying $34.50 at Walmart for the first pair so I ordered a second pair so, using a splitter, I can share watching music videos with others. Hope I didn't seem too stupid :)

Most reactions

Latest posts