What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headphone jack

spadutyflugins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPad 2 and since the first time I tried - the headphones are never playing through both speakers. I have probably tried ten different headphones, and the same thing happens. If I pull them out half way and push the around a bit - they will sometimes work. Any suggestions??

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have a can of compressed air, give the jack a whirl or two to see if debris may have slipped through. Or if you have a fairly power LED light or in a bright enough environment, look and see if there's anything inside that may be interfering with the contacts.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, make sure you've pushed the audio jack in firmly. It was fairly common on the older iPads for the jack to feel like i was in, but still need another click to be seated.

OP
S

spadutyflugins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a can of compressed air, give the jack a whirl or two to see if debris may have slipped through. Or if you have a fairly power LED light or in a bright enough environment, look and see if there's anything inside that may be interfering with the contacts.
I have tried this, and no luck. I even took a Qtip and peeled almost all of the cotton off of it, then slightly moist - I twisted it inside to clean out the port. No luck.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Something has gone wrong hardware wise then. It will probably require a repair. Check your warrantee to see if the iPad is still covered. If not, it will most likely cost.

Be careful what else you try, at least until you are sure it's out of warrantee. You don't want to inflict more damage that could invalidate the warrantee.

Cloak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Inside the jack, there are 2 contacts. One is higher than the other. If I have a set of really good picks, u can actually use one to "get behind" the contact and pry it out a little
U might not be making contact

Most reactions

Latest posts