What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HEADPHONE _ or POD IMPEDANCE

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the impedance of headphones, or the little headphones that go in your ear, is an issue when buying this for the iPad4. Will ''Anything'' do or do I need to specify specifically when buying.

Would like to get an idea of some to suggest as a present for me, but don't know whats good, but not silly prices as my hearing is not the best anyway.

Alex

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should not need to consider the impedance under normal circumstances unless you are considering something quite obscure / unusual (and likely very expensive!).

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alex101 said:
Does anyone know if the impedance of headphones, or the little headphones that go in your ear, is an issue when buying this for the iPad4. Will ''Anything'' do or do I need to specify specifically when buying.

Would like to get an idea of some to suggest as a present for me, but don't know whats good, but not silly prices as my hearing is not the best anyway.

Alex

The ones that come with the iphone 5 do the job for me .

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry much about it.............anything for a "portable device" will work fine.

FYI.....
Typical low impedance headphones for mobile devices are in the 30 ohm range.

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Guys. IO think the best way forward would be to visit an Apple Store, but one problem is that it may not have them set up to try....................... we'll see.

Alex

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They usually have a decent selection of traditional style headphones to try (at least they do up in Glasgow), however you are not likely to find anywhere that lets you try the "in ear" variety, for obvious reasons.

Good luck with your search.

Most reactions