What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HDMI Output Flashing on Plasma Widescreen TV

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Today I plugged my iPad (1) into my plasma widescreen and the output did not display like I expected. Instead it flashed the [correct] image about once every two seconds. Does anyone know what was happening, and why?

Thanks,

ipad2forfree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipad2forfree.co.uk
does your tv support airplay, im not sure whether its relevent but i have heard some tvs being incompatible because they do not support it, and you are using a component av cable i assume

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Air play is when you have the apple tv box you can wifi stream from the iPad to the apple tv box that is hooked up to your tv . I would try a new hdmi cable with your iPad and If that dose you may have a bad apple av/ hdmi cable .I had to return to apple it was bad

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

youmjutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suppose you mean that if you input a YPbPr (RGB port) signal it does not work?

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Harley man said:
Air play is when you have the apple tv box you can wifi stream from the iPad to the apple tv box that is hooked up to your tv . I would try a new hdmi cable with your iPad and If that dose you may have a bad apple av/ hdmi cable .I had to return to apple it was bad

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Harley man, I am quite sure that the problem is software-related. The picture is perfect and the effect so perfectly timed I could set my watch by it.

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
youmjutt said:
I suppose you mean that if you input a YPbPr (RGB port) signal it does not work?

The only thing I know about the signal is that it comes out of the iPad on the HDMI connector (using the bifurcated connector) and goes into the HDMI connector on the TV.

jzucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any resolution on this issue? Apple is mum about this but there are hundreds of people with the same problem and there is apparently no resolution. It's not related to the HDMI cable or the adapter. It's a synchronization problem with the hardware. Maybe a firmware update can fix this but I'm a bit perplexed that apple won't acknowledge this as an issue. In that way, it must be like the antenna issue for the iphone...

Most reactions

Latest posts