What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hdmi full screen

newpad123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, just new here.
I am able to connect my ipad to the tv via the HDMI. However I am only able to view it small screen . How can I view this the full size of my tv screen. All help welcome. Thanks.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newpad123 said:
Hi guys, just new here.
I am able to connect my ipad to the tv via the HDMI. However I am only able to view it small screen . How can I view this the full size of my tv screen. All help welcome. Thanks.

Hi there and welcome. The output through the AV adapter is constant, you have to use your TV control to increase the size to fill the screen.

OP
N

newpad123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Roy rob,

Yes I've tried adjusting size on the tv, but still no joy,
Apple say it should adjust automatically when watching HD but it doesn't
Wide, zoom, and 4:3 on tv all working but still not full screen when ipad is attached..
Thanks

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newpad123 said:
Hi Roy rob,

Yes I've tried adjusting size on the tv, but still no joy,
Apple say it should adjust automatically when watching HD but it doesn't
Wide, zoom, and 4:3 on tv all working but still not full screen when ipad is attached..
Thanks

Perhaps someone here can help us both in that case......

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi guys, just new here.

Hi Newpad - welcome to the forum! :)

I've had the same frustrations and not sure that there is a single logical answer - the aspect ratio of the iPad is 4:3 (not 16:9) so side bars would be expected; as to not filling the HDTV screen that may be application and/or source related - I've put DVDs on my iPad and mirrored them to our HDTVs w/o an issue but other sources (e.g. some uTube videos) did not expand - don't know - sorry? :confused:

Now, there has been past discussion on this topic, so you may want to do a search in the forum - e.g. check This Thread from a year ago. And hopefully some of our AV techies will 'chime in' w/ more useful information.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you need to look at the video settings within the player app your using.

Most reactions

Latest posts