What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HDMI connection with TV not working

FreakGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

For some reason my Ipad 2 HDMI connection with my TV no longer works even though it's been working fine until now. I've tried almost all possible troubleshooting techniques but no solutions yet. The funny thing is that the problem occurred right after I played Playstation on my TV for the first time (with the HDMI connection). So the connection works with my Playstation but not with Ipad.

Any ideas on this? Are the settings mixed up due to the use of Playstation? Thanks.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How many HDMI connections are on your TV? I have to cycle between the 3 HDMI ports, the cable and the RGB for the stuff plugged into mine.

OP
F

FreakGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two HDMI ports. When I was playing Playstation both HDMI ports had a cable attached (Playstation HDMI & Ipad HDMI adapter). After having stopped playing Playstation, for some reason the Ipad-to-TV no longer worked.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are two HDMI ports. When I was playing Playstation both HDMI ports had a cable attached (Playstation HDMI & Ipad HDMI adapter). After having stopped playing Playstation, for some reason the Ipad-to-TV no longer worked.

Just the usual questions: 1) Have you 'Reset' the iPad?; 2) If you have more than one HDMI cable, have you tried both w/ the iPad? 3) Have you tried both HDMI ports w/ the device; and 4) Do you have the right HDMI port selected for viewing on the HDTV. Sorry if you've already tried all of these suggestions, but all of us have gone through similar issues w/ simple 'hit your head' answers. Please let us know - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts