What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hdmi and Dv Cables

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking to buy this kit and was wondering if anyone has any experience of which is the best product? The prices seem to range from £25 all the way up to £50 for the same stuff. I have an apple store here, is what they sell really worth the premium?

Thanks

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a thread on here which said that you can buy the cheaper cables but I can't remember which one? I'll look for you too!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Are you looking for ipad2 mirroring, so you can use your iPad on the telly?

First you'll need your AV cable from Apple, £35, then you'll need a standard HDMI cable.
Apple's own is a costly £15 and only 1.8 meters long, which is poxy.

I ordered any old standard offof eBay. Including postage, a 3 meter long cable cost me around £4. Works a treat. I love the mirroring option. And don't let anyone tell you you need expensive specific connections - you don't.

As for DV, then again, eBay be your friend.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:

First you'll need your AV cable from Apple, £35, then you'll need a standard HDMI cable.

I ordered any old standard offof eBay. Including postage, a 3 meter long cable cost me around £4. Works a treat. I love the mirroring option. And don't let anyone tell you you need expensive specific connections - you don't.

. There ! I knew you would be along to give him a hand!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Peeps over for dinner today, so I'm grabbing 5 mins in between allotted jobs. :D

You are a busy bunny!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
It pays :)

If I help around the house and look keen and eager to clean and hoover, I get extra iPad time without ill feeling. Brownie points.

That's what I'm doing wrong!

Let's hope our OP has found this info useful.

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:

As for DV, then again, eBay be your friend.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I have any number of gold hdmi cables, so no issue with that. I won't touch eBay for reasons I can't go into here, but Amazon have the right kit cheaper than apple so I won't have to go to St David's arcade, or make an appointment so they can try to sell me stuff I don't need ( for those who don't know, yes you can make an appointment for a one on one)

Bit off thread, but have you tried Amplitube yet?

Jeff

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Yup, just been discussing that with another user in pm.

It's absolutely blimmin awesome. I'm very traditional with my guitar methods - not usually struck on electronics. Tubes and valves are more my liking. But I bought it anyway.

Costs a tiny fortune ( you'll need the iRig connectors too ) but boy is it fantastic. Obviously doesn't replace a full on rig with pedals and amps, but comes very close to it. The sounds is very good. Very authentic. And it includes in-app purchases like Fender cabs, recording desks, various stomps boxes etc etc. Most professional. Well worth the £30 or so quid it's so far cost me.
The sound can then be output directly through your headphones, computer or guitar amp (another cable needed for this tho).

Makes garage band look like a toy

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:

It's absolutely blimmin awesome. I'm very traditional with my guitar methods - not usually struck on electronics. Tubes and valves are more my liking. But I bought it anyway.

Costs a tiny fortune ( you'll need the iRig connectors too ) but boy is it fantastic. Obviously doesn't replace a full on rig with pedals and amps, but comes very close to it. The sounds is very good. Very authentic. And it includes in-app purchases like Fender cabs, recording desks, various stomps boxes etc etc. Most professional. Well worth the £30 or so quid it's so far cost me.
The sound can then be output directly through your headphones, computer or guitar amp (another cable needed for this tho).

You two should start a musicians thread, there must be loads of them?

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:

So I shall take the plunge..... Like you I'm a valve man, wonder if it will model my Fender Re-issue blues combo? I will get the irig stuff.....Lucky me it's my birthday tomorrow :). We will have to compare notes. I would also like to play straight to my desk if possible and will be using Bass as well. Sounds like fun.

Jeff

Most reactions

Latest posts