What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBO Go on Ipad

jf1995

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Curious as to why there is so little info on such a great use as watching hbo go, cinemax go ect on Ipad. These services currently do not support the Ipad browser. Google searches only brings up old info from last August that say "it's coming." Does anyone have a solution or current info? The HBO Ipad app has horrible reviews. It only allows short clip views and programming info, whereas the hbo go site allows hbo subscribers to watch full shows and movies. There has to be many Ipad owners who would rather have that.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah that annoys me too....its called HBOGo yet the only place it can GO is to my mac mini plugged into the same tv as my DVR....not very GO is it?

mcglamerye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking for updates regularly as well. Seems like a no brainer and something they could get out there to market pretty quick. The August stories said "about 6 months" and that's about where we are but nothing new

Ikedelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also waiting for an iPad app. I do not want to have to move a laptop and plug it in to the TV. I already have Apple TV and hope I can use AirPlay to stream to the TV.

Rmcdonald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: I had a preview look at the application over the weekend on both ipad and iPhone. Nothing short of stunning.. The ipad app is extremely rich with, clearly lots of thought behind it, well done(early may launch, I would guess)
The little brother, iPhone is also really good, it doesn't have the same bells and whistles as the ipad(probably because of the screen size) but functionally very well done, clean, easy to get to HBO's entire video library.
Interesting enough, I don't think Netflix app has a chance against this one..(both in functionality and content)

desaun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rmcdonald said:
Update: I had a preview look at the application over the weekend on both ipad and iPhone. Nothing short of stunning.. The ipad app is extremely rich with, clearly lots of thought behind it, well done(early may launch, I would guess)
The little brother, iPhone is also really good, it doesn't have the same bells and whistles as the ipad(probably because of the screen size) but functionally very well done, clean, easy to get to HBO's entire video library.
Interesting enough, I don't think Netflix app has a chance against this one..(both in functionality and content)

According to a commercial I just saw on HBO the HBOGo app is scheduled for May 2, 2011. Looks pretty darn good, too.

Diamonddave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just watched a full episode of Game of Thrones on iPad! How? ISwifter($2.99)! while not perfect, it was certainly worth watching. This should hold us over untill the app comes out. When you first go to enter your login info, the keyboard does not pop up. You have to hit the keyboard button in the upper right. Enjoy!

Last edited:

cheri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put HBOGo on my computer and it works great.. I can't wait until I can get it on the ipad.. I do have a question however... When I try to sinc my ipad it says I need to download an update.. it gets all the way to the end (one number away) and it stops and tells me it timed out. Also.. I tried to get adobe for the ipad but it says it isn't available yet.. Will HBOGO work without these things? I have had my ipad for just a month or so and love it.. I have a lot of games and such but worry that there might be something wrong with it since it won't update.. What do you all think?

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just signed up for HBO Go on HBO's webpage, linked it to my DirecTV Account and i'm waiting for the app to roll out on May 2nd..

I've seen previews for this app, and it appears to be nothing short of remarkable.. I would like to have HBO content when I travel, and I'm at somoene's home who doesn't have HBO, but has WiFi..

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put HBOGo on my computer and it works great.. I can't wait until I can get it on the ipad.. I do have a question however... When I try to sinc my ipad it says I need to download an update.. it gets all the way to the end (one number away) and it stops and tells me it timed out. Also.. I tried to get adobe for the ipad but it says it isn't available yet.. Will HBOGO work without these things? I have had my ipad for just a month or so and love it.. I have a lot of games and such but worry that there might be something wrong with it since it won't update.. What do you all think?

What do you mean you put it on your computer? I thought it was 100% website driven. Is there an app somewhere I don't know about?

RWHarrigan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the HBO GO app on my Ipad2 and it has no audio. Did anyone have this problem?

Most reactions