What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HayDay won't update

centella4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help, I think this is probably my first wuesrion asked here.
It's time for Hay Day to update but it won't.
I don't think it's memory issue since other apps with higher memories updated just fine.
Here are some pics
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458126438.789677.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458126450.392840.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
C

centella4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458126492.796453.jpg

This was as far as it would go. Went full circle and stayed that way.
I left for a while, sometime it went back to "update" and sometimes the "cloud" symbol appear, like it's not even on my iPad at all.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Force close the App Store, and then try updating again. To force close, double tap the Home button to show the App Switcher, then slide the App Store app's thumbnail towards the top of the screen.

If it still doesn't update, use iTunes on your computer to update this app, and sync it to your iPad afterwards.

Removing the app from your device and reinstalling it would also be an option, but I don't know whether or not your progress/settings will be saved in that case, so it's better to try the advice above.

OP
C

centella4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's completely missing from the "update" page altogether !!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458139499.155417.jpg

I've tried force closing everything, which I do every night before going to bed anyway, restart the iPad, force close and clean the cache, force close every apps and then shut the iPad down for a while before turning it back on.
Here's what the screen out side looks like
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458139532.504399.jpg

I'm really afraid I'm gonna lose all my progress after 3 years of playing [emoji24]

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down the list until you see the Hay Day app. Tap on the app and check the version number, is it the latest version available, as shown in the App Store listing for Hay Day?

This will tell you whether or not the app managed to update in spite of the problems.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the app is connected to Facebook, disconnect it, or remove Facebook from your iPad.

OP
C

centella4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the app is connected to Facebook, disconnect it, or remove Facebook from your iPad.
I can't do the former since HayDay is kinda half-loaded, but I guess I could try the later, thanks.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried a hard re-set? That is when you hold the Home and the ON/OFF button together until Apple logo shows, when you let go and the device restarts in a few seconds. It seems to free up quite a few things which have stalled.

Most reactions

Latest posts